Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Change Placement of Extra Fields

11 years 2 months ago #13669 by beachguy
Hi Douglas,

I'm using Joomla 3.0 with the Rocket Theme template Graffito. I haven't been able to find the version of Contact Enhanced I'm using. I'm assuming it's the latest version. It was already installed with the Rocket Theme template package (released October 2012) when I downloaded it.

Here's a link to the page in question.

Under the Contact's name there is a field for "Position." Some employees have multiple positions and I want to put each position on a separate line. I thought I could do this with Extra Fields, but I can't figure out how to move the extra fields so they show up immediately below the "Position" field. I thought of leaving the Position field blank and putting each position in an extra field. This works but I would prefer that the positions show up immediately below the name rather than below the phone number.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #13671 by douglas
Dear Joe,

So, don't you have a valid CE license?
Is Contact Enhanced already included with RocketTheme?
Can you please point me to the template it has it included?

You can move the Extra Fields in the source. Open:
\joomla\2.5\components\com_contactenhanced\views\contact\tmpl\default_details.php

Find:
<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('address'); ?>
<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('extrafields'); ?>

and Replace with:
<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('extrafields'); ?>
<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('address'); ?>

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #13702 by beachguy
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the pointing me to the right code. That worked.

I now have a valid CE license for this domain. I paid for the full version. I wasn't trying to cheat. I sincerely thought contact enhanced came with the RocketTheme template that I'm using (Graffito). I purchased CE licenses for two previous websites that I worked on. I must have uploaded one of those older CE zip files to this new Graffito website when I was adding all the plugins after the original installation. I was surprised when I later saw CE among the components. At the time I assumed, without thinking it through, that CE must have been included as part of the plug in package for this template. I don't even know if I have the correct version of CE for this 3.0 Joomla website. How do I tell which version I have installed? If it's the wrong version, when I upload the correct version will I lose the CE contact content I've already created? Also, I'm creating a website for a client on the domain pacificpridefoundation.COM. When the website is completed it will be transferred over to pacificpridefoundation.ORG. When I register a domain for the CE license, can I register the .org domain even though I'm working on the .com domain while the website is in production?

Thanks again,

Joe

11 years 2 months ago #13703 by douglas
Dear Joe,

That's alright. Thanks for purchasing a license.

You probably have the correct version because you would see a lot of errors if you had installed the 2.5 version.

In order to check which version you are using, please go to Extensions -> Extension Manager, click on the Manage tab and search for Contact Enhanced and look for the Component version.

You can register the .org domain.

Let me know if you have any further question.

All the best,

11 years 2 months ago #13716 by beachguy
Thanks again Douglas.

I checked for the CE version in Extension Manager and saw that all of the Contact Enhanced entries were 3.0 except for the type labeled "Package" which was 2.5.

Because I wasn't sure what I had uploaded previously and because I have been having a few problems that I haven't asked you about yet (Map bubble not working right, modal not working at all, parts of contact form missing when opened in a Rocket Theme RokBox) I decided to reinstall a fresh download of CE 3.0.

I'm now having a problem displaying a contact category list in a Contact Enhanced Category module. Before I did the reinstall, the 2 CE Category modules I created were showing up exactly how I wanted. After the reinstall, they no longer show up. Here's the page: contact page

I've retraced the steps I originally made to create the page with the modules, including setting up contact categories, setting up contacts, creating a new article, creating a menu link to that article, and creating the modules, which I then enabled, assigned to a position and menu, selected the correct category, set the ordering, and selected the display options. I can not get the modules to show up on that page like I did before. The page comes up blank. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong? Did I screw up by reinstalling CE?

Best,
Joe

11 years 2 months ago #13718 by douglas
Dear Joe,

As for the Ma bubble, please see this recent post:
idealextensions.com/forum/11-c...ch-new-form-created.html#13707

When you add modules it displays a few DIVs and in your case it is not displaying any.
Did you enable the modules? Is the module position correct?
Are you trying to embed the module into an article?

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #13722 by beachguy

douglas wrote: Did you enable the modules? Is the module position correct?
Are you trying to embed the module into an article?

Yes to all three questions, although I'm not sure that what I'm doing is embedding the module into an article. I created a new article called "Contact." I created a menu link to that article. Then when I created the CE Category module I selected "Contact" under the menu assignment tab.

As a test, I created new modules for "Contact Enhanced Search Form" "Contact Enhanced Slider" and "Contact Enhanced Form." I placed them on the same page in positions "Contact Bottom A" "Content Bottom B" and "Content Bottom C" respectively.

All three of those test CE modules show up correctly.

When I create a new module the same way I created the above 3 modules for "Contact Enhanced Category" and try placing it in the same 3 positions instead of the other modules, it doesn't show up. I've tried placing it in various module positions on ALL pages but I can never get it to show up.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem but when I click the "New" button in Modules, the list of modules that comes up shows the CE Category module written differently than the other 3 CE modules. The CE Category module has a description of what it does next to the name. The other 3 have something similar to this MOD_CE_FORM_XML_DESCRIPTION. See the attachment. I don't see how that could be the problem, though.
Attachments:

11 years 2 months ago #13725 by douglas
Dear beachguy,

After a close investigation I found out the problem.
Please upload the file I have sent to your email to the following location:
\joomla\3.0\modules\mod_ce_category\mod_ce_category.php

I'll create a new package on Monday with the latest changes;

Kind regards,

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #13726 by beachguy
Douglas,

Thanks! Received the file, uploaded it, and now the category modules display correctly.

Two more questions for now and I think I am done with contacts for awhile:

1) In the Category Module Contact list , how do I get the Extra Field (which displays the contact's position when their position takes up 2 lines) to display below their name but above the phone number and email address? Earlier in this thread you showed me where to go to fix this on the Contact page. I'm guessing there is a similar fix for the Category Module display, too, but I couldn't find it.

2) The map on the contact page shows the white bubble but it has a couple of weird things on it. Below the address and phone number there are some vertical dotted lines. Below the white box there is what I believe to be the bubble's shadow but it's not showing up the right size or in the correct place. Anyway to fix this?

Best,
Joe

11 years 2 months ago #13727 by douglas
Dear Joe,

1. Open: \modules\mod_ce_category\tmpl\default.php
Remove (cut) this code below:
if ($item->extra_field_1 && $params->get('show_extrafield_1',0)) : 
	echo  '<p>';
		echo  '<span class="'.$params->get('marker_class').'" >';
			 echo  $params->get('marker_extrafield_1'); 
		echo  '</span>';
		echo  '<span class="contact-extrafield_1">';
			 echo  $item->extra_field_1;
		echo  '</span>';
	echo  '</p>';
 endif;

And paste it before this line:
<?php if ($params->get('show_position') AND $item->con_position) :?>

2. Please read this post:
idealextensions.com/forum/11-c...ch-new-form-created.html#13707

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago #13728 by beachguy
I messed up :(

I pasted the first block of code below the second block of code. Undoing didn't restore the page. I tried repasting the first block in the correct place above the second block, but the page is still messed up.

I also discovered that there are 2 instances of
<?php if ($params->get('show_position') AND $item->con_position) :?>

There is an instance of it on line 335 and another on line 40.

In order to start over, am I going to have to restore the website from a backup?

Once I get the page back to its original state, do I paste the first block of code before the 1st or 2nd instance of the second block of code?

11 years 2 months ago #13729 by douglas
Dear Joe,

In order to restore you can open the installation package and extract the contents of the Category module and upload /site/tmpl/default.php to \modules\mod_ce_category\tmpl\default.php

Always create a backup of the file you are changing...

I forgot to mention that there are two layout types, so you have to perform that change both times.
There are two instances of each block of code.

Have a great night,