Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Clear database option

11 years 1 week ago #14128 by firehorse
Hi,

Joomla 2.5.29
Contact Enhanced 2.5.13

I bought this extension to display a list of contacts with postcode, email address and website. Options not available in standard Joomla.

My site uses "Zh googlemaps" which uses contact details from the standard Joomla.

I can't shift from the standard Joomla contacts database because I want to continue using "Zh googlemaps". I also want to show a list of contacts which include the postcode, email and website.

As I understand it, if I update the contacts database, the CE database doesn't get updated and I can't reimport the latest contacts database.

The simplest solution I see would be to have a clear CE database function. So under Tools, there is an option to clear the database, after which, I can reimport an updated contacts database.

Would that be possible?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #14129 by douglas
Dear Firehorse,

There is no option to clear the database, however you can delete all categories and all contacts and them empty the trash, that will remove all data imported from Joomla core contact. In order to Empty the trash you have to filter Contacts by Trashed, select the contacts and then click on the "Empty Trash" button.

Is that what you need?

Best regards,

11 years 1 week ago #14138 by firehorse
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. To try this out I tried displaying all the contacts from the default 20 and it goes to the 'dashboard' saying no form submitted yet.

If I go to categories, set that to display all, then go to contacts, then contacts will display all the contacts.

But when I click to sort the contacts by 'order' it then goes back the dashboard display again, and I can't get contacts to sort by order when it is in display all mode.

But I did delete all the categories and contacts and then it asked me to import again so that bit works fine.

Thanks
Alan

11 years 1 week ago #14139 by firehorse
Oops, spoke too soon. In categories, I can select trashed and empty it. But when I try that in contacts, when I select trashed it goes to the dashboard, so I am unable to filter the contacts by trashed.

Can you help?

Thanks
Alan

11 years 1 week ago #14140 by firehorse
Ah, but after I have emptied the trashed the categories, without needing to empty the trashed contacts, I can import again from the standard Joomla contacts database.

11 years 1 week ago #14141 by douglas
Dear Alan,

I'm working on a new version that will fix this issue.

Best regards,