Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Translation

10 years 9 months ago #14832 by florint
Hi,
Really nice plugin. I have a little problem showing the contactform with the right translations. The field "Name" and the field "Subject" isn´t translated. Everything else is in the right language. And yes - i have opend the languagefiles in admin and in site to see if the right translations exist, and they do :-)
Were do i check further?

Joomla 2.5.11 - Contact enchanged 2.5.14 - Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.26 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #14834 by douglas
Dear florint,

Custom Fields translation is not based on language files. You have to edit the custom fields and change the Field Name/label.
It is now done this way because of Joomla multi-lingual features. If you are using Joomla with multiple languages you will need to create a custom field for each language.

Best regards,

10 years 9 months ago #14836 by florint

Hi Douglas,
Thanks for you answere. Please look at the attached image. How is it, that some is translated and some isn´t? Are theese labels comming from langfile or what?
Attachments:

10 years 9 months ago #14837 by douglas
Dear Florint,

In your case only BESKED Custom Field is translated.

Contact Enhanced used to translate the Custom Fields via Language file, so that language string might be a leftover from a previous version. In order to guarantee FULL compatibility with Joomla you need to edit the Custom Field label in the Custom Field Manager.

Best regards,

10 years 9 months ago #14844 by florint
Hi Douglas
Thanks. I now have tryed to see if i could find the string to translate name and subject.
I do understand what to do because i have used 3 extrafields and translated them by using override: COM_CONTACTENHANCED_FIELD_INFORMATION_EXTRA_FIELD_2_LABEL gives me the text i want.

But wich com_enchanced_.......should be used for name and subject? I think i have tryed several without succes.

Thanks.

10 years 9 months ago #14850 by douglas
Dear Florint,

I'll send you in a few seconds a file so you can use the language file to translate the custom fields.

You just have to use the EMAIL="E-mail" in the language file.

Best regards,