Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Custom Redirect

14 years 3 months ago #1853 by Roo
Hello,

If I use the redirect in the component it works fine, but if I try using the plugin it will not work. All is does is give the thank you message. Is there a Global setting changing this. I have it set for a redirect within the Component Properties.

The reason for wanting to use the Plugin is to create a squeeze page and the functionallity isn't there in the component link.

Regards,

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #1854 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

There is a global setting and it seems that I've forgotten to include the button in the toolbar;

Please unpack and upload the file attached to [Joomla]/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/config/

Then go to Extensions -> Contact Enhanced -> Configuration and click on the Parameters button in the toolbar;

Regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.

14 years 3 months ago #1855 by Roo
Working like a Charm, thanks again for the quick response Douglas

14 years 2 months ago #2000 by sinisterxo
douglas wrote:

Dear Andrew,

There is a global setting and it seems that I've forgotten to include the button in the toolbar;

Please unpack and upload the file attached to [Joomla]/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/config/

Then go to Extensions -> Contact Enhanced -> Configuration and click on the Parameters button in the toolbar;

Regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.

I am not able to view the configuration page. It just gives me this warning about security settings.
I have uploaded the files as described, but I am not able to change the configuration.

14 years 2 months ago #2010 by douglas
Dear Chae,

Most of the configuration is located at the parameters button that should be visible in the Configuration page;

I have already fixed that in teh current version and it is not required that you upload the file mentioned on an earlier post;

Please let me know if the parameters button is not visible to you in the configuration page;

Kind regards

14 years 2 months ago #2201 by bullrider
Hi. I'm a Joomla newbie also. I bought the Contact Enhanced extension just a few days ago and it is working very well for me in all respects, except for one feature.

I'm trying to use the "custom redirect": feature so that our visitors see a custom "thank you" screen after they submit a request for price quote using the enhanced contact form. The redirect feature does not work. Only the default Joomla message comes up.

I've tried all the suggestions on this thread, and still no joy. Can anyone help? Thanks!

14 years 2 months ago #2203 by douglas
Dear Freddy,

I've just tested on my test base and it is working.
In the Configuration -> Parameters:
Did you set the Thank you message to Custom redirect and the Custom redirect to your page?

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #2205 by bullrider
Yes. I set the thank you message to custom redirect both within the configuration parameters and within the menu item for the contact enhanced page as well. I've also just tried leaving the menu item for the contact enhanced page set to "use global". Neither way works. For the custom redirect, I've used "http://www.***.com" where *** is my home page for the site. I've also just typed in "index.php". Neither works. Is there a formatting error in the way that I'm typing in the page to redirect to perhaps? Thanks!

14 years 2 months ago #2207 by douglas
Dear Freddy,

Can you provide a link to your site; If you want to keep it private, please send it useing the Support -> Contact form;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #2208 by bullrider
Excellent! I did get the custom redirect to work. Turns out that I didn't have the custom "thank you" page published correctly within Joomla, so the Contact Enhance redirect wasn't able to go to that page. Once I got the page correctly published, everything worked perfectly. thank you for your help, douglas! :cheer:

I also wanted to mention something that I stumbled on and I'm not sure if it's covered somewhere else or not, (I didn't see it anywhere). If you want the contact message to go to more than one email address once the viewer clicks "Send", just fill in the email address field in the contact form with several email addresses, each separated by a comma. It works!