Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

500 - Layout "contacts" not found

13 years 6 months ago #4180 by sagerock
Hi,

I'm wondering if you can help me with this.

I'm pretty sure this error: "500 - Layout "contacts" not found" is related to my existing template.

If I change overall templates the form works fine.

But when I use my primary template I get this error.

I suspect there is something missing in my existing template.

By chance, do you know what this might be and where I might look for solving this issue.

I get this error when the form goes to the Thank you page.

Thanks for your help!
Sage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #4182 by douglas
Dear Sage,

That's odd.
Which Contact Enhanced version are you using?
If you are not using the latest verion, please download it from here:
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Can you please provide an URL so I can take a look at it?

Best regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4183 by sagerock
Thanks for your crazy quick response.

I just installed the newest versions you linked to.

But I'm still getting the same error.

You'll see it when you fill out this form:
www.sagerock.com/contact-us/18-sagerock-team/2-sales

I'm quite sure it's something I'm missing in my existing template. But I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Sage

13 years 6 months ago #4184 by douglas
Dear Sage,

Well, I didn't get that message when I submitted the form, however I did notice a Javascript error.

Contact Enhanced uses MooTools to validate the form, some effects and to perform some AJAX calls (depending on which custom field you are using);

MooTools is the Joomla default javascript library, therefore most templates use MooTools for their fancy things such as menus and slideshows; Your template or other extensions (modules, plugins, components) shouldn't use another javascript library other than MooTools, however if it does use another library such as JQuery it might be incompatible with many MooTools based scripts;

Solution:
Your template is adding JQuery Javascript Library. Some commercial templates that use JQuery have the option to disable it;.
JQuery can be used with MooTools, as long as the developer follows JQuery guidelines. You might want to suggest this feature to the template's developer:
docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

Advice:
Always choose extensions that are 100% compatible with Joomla Framework;
Do not use JQuery in Joomla based websites, this way you will avoid incompatibilities and will load less javascript, therefore your website will load faster.

I usually recommend RocketTheme or JoomlArt template clubs.

Kind regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4186 by sagerock
Thanks again for your help. I got your form submission.
But I'll look into what you've suggested here.

Thanks again.
Sage