Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Problem with Confirmation Page from a Module

13 years 1 month ago #5850 by peterbye
I have Contact Enhanced installed including the add-on to use it within a Joomla module. It works perfectly from our full contact page.

The brief version we set up to use in a module also works fine from all pages other than the home page.

When used from the home page, here is what happens:

The submission is processed and the email goes to the contact person normally.

The confirmation page that come up is the problem. From other pages, this confirmation has the thank you message and a copy of the page from which the user sent the contact form. This is great.

When used from the home page, here is a screen capture of the resulting article on the confirmation page that is displayed:

In case it is relevant, we still have the website offline in a development folder.

How do I get the home page to display in the confirmation page just as other pages do?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #5852 by douglas
Dear Peter,

That's odd...
I've just tested on both versions (Joomla 1.5 and 1.6) and it worked.

Which version are you using?

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5853 by peterbye
It is Joomla 1.5.22. It probably does not matter although I'll mention that we use DreamHost for the web hosting.

13 years 1 month ago #5856 by douglas
Dear Peter,

I see you've purchase 3 months ago. Are you using the latest version?
Please download the latest version from here:
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a full backup first;

All the best,

13 years 1 month ago #5857 by peterbye
In one sense this update made things worse.

The module form works as before. From pages other than home, it is fine. From the home page I get the confirmation page as in the screen shot in my first post.

The worse aspect: The main contact form, where the form is the entire page, does not work. I get an error that the verification code (Captcha) is incorrect even though I entered the correct number.

Now it is a larger problem. Please tell me if I need to restore the old version, and if so how to do that. (I can restore the entire site from a backup although I would prefer not to do that unless absolutely necessary.

Is it possible there is some simple configuration I need to reset due to the update?

Peter

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5858 by douglas
Dear Peter,

Did you save the component and plugin parameters again?

If you wish to revert the installation you just have install the older one.

The procedure to restore a full backup varies, if you decide to take that road please contact your web hosting provider.
EDIT: If you provide admin access I can also take a look and try to solve it for you.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5860 by peterbye
We're back to the baseline problem.

I went into the component, opened the configuration / parameters window, and just resaved it. I then went to each form and did the same.

The main contact page works again.

Do I need to do this whenever updating Contact Enhanced?

I still have the same problem with the module form when used from the home page (and only from the home page). Just to confirm - on the downloads page there seems to be no update to the module - just to the main component.

Any ideas how to proceed?

13 years 1 month ago #5862 by douglas
Dear Peter,

you just have to save the parameters if I implement any new feature.

I'm away from my office, so I'll take a closer look when I get back in one hour.

Regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5863 by peterbye
Dear Douglas,

Perhaps this will provide a clue.

In the module manager I went into the module that is the contact form. The parameter "after form is submitted show" was set to "thank you message."

I changed this to "global." With this setting:

* The full page contact form shows the full page contact us form with a thank you message inserted at the top.

* The module version always shows a page with the brief contact form on it and some extra parameter-like text inserted - see screen capture below.

This is at least workable although I would prefer to be able to always have the page from which the user sent the inquiry shown along with the thank you.

Does this provide any clue how to fix the module home-page issue?

Thanks,
Pete

the thank you page through the module:

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #5866 by douglas
Dear Peter,

I just sent you an email with a possible fix.
It is a trial and error because I'm not sure what is causing this.

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5871 by peterbye
Dear Douglas,

Since it is now late in both Brazil and the eastern USA you will probably see this on Thursday morning.

I now have rather a mess.

The new full package I was unable to get working. I tried re-saving the parameters in the configuration, for each form, and in the menu for each form (full page and module). I could not get it to accept the validation codes.

After several other attempts to install the last individual versions of the component and the module I gave up trying to get it to work reliably.

I restored the full site from my backup.

Now the site should be similar to when I first posted a question. It is a bit different, though.

The module works from other pages. From the home page, it gives the odd confirmation page I included in my first post.

The full contact page returns the "wrong validation code" message and does not work at all.

I have tried re-saving all the parameters wherever I can find them. (I am not a Joomla expert. The site was set up by a programmer who unfortunately is not available at this time.)

How can I get the main contact page working again, and fix the unusual behavior from the module from the home page?

Thanks.
Peter

13 years 1 month ago #5896 by douglas
Dear Peter,

I'm sorry about the late reply.

Well, that's really strange.
Can you provide an administrator account so I can take a closer look?
You can reply to the forum email notification with the login details or use the Support -> Contact form.

Best regards,