Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Google Map doesn´t show in K2 Content

13 years 2 weeks ago #6084 by hackybrazil
jeri-brazil.com/en/prea-hotels/prea-hotels/kite-brazil-hotel

The settings in parameters and as well the specific contact are correct. the map shows if i post it via menue as a single contact. linking the contact with the plugin doesn´t seem to work as there are only the basic fields and no maps.

does it only work with joomla core content - is K2 the problem.

any suggestions would be great.

thanx in advance

PS: the package is absolutely great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #6085 by hackybrazil
the google map also doesn´t show in joomla content - as well as there is only the basic fields available.....

13 years 2 weeks ago #6086 by douglas
Dear hacky,

The content plugin only shows the form, actually recently I've added the option to show the map as well for Joomla 1.6. You just have to add:
{loadcontact id=|ID| map=|before_form|}
OR
{loadcontact id=|ID| map=|after_form|}

I'm not used to K2 but if it processes Joomla Core Content plugins it should also process CE Form Content plugin;

All the best,

13 years 2 weeks ago #6087 by hackybrazil
thanx douglas,

i am running on 1,5 still.. so if there is whatever solution for 1.5 please let me know.

cheers

13 years 2 weeks ago #6088 by douglas
Dear Hacky,

I've created a new plugin for you to load the map using CE for Joomla 1.5.
Syntax: {loadcemap id=|CONTACT_ID| }

I'll add this feature to the next version of the FULL package.
Can you wait a week until I release it?

Best regards,

13 years 2 weeks ago #6098 by hackybrazil
absolutely - douglas you´re great...

this will be perfect for my listing . of course i can wait ...

this is far beyond customer service!!!

Kudos

Cheers Hacky

13 years 2 weeks ago #6100 by douglas
Dear Hacky,

I'm sorry about the delay reply.

The new package is already available for download.

All the best,

13 years 3 days ago #6220 by hackybrazil
Hi Douglas,

thanx very much i rela appreciate.

By now i was using the contacts as mentioned with this syntax {loadcontact #}

what happened: i could write the message and the messaage was send properly without any problem.
after i received the meessage of the success - the site went automatically on the home position and showed the entire sheet of information including the map. By now i didn´t download or install any new software at all - just for you to know .. that was all fine for me.

I recently added another form into a K2 content and all over a sudden i receive this message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

do you have any ideas what that could be... because when i chek my mail account - as i tested it - the message was ssent but the site froze and only with the back button i was back in business...

to check the site : www.jeri-brazil.com

thanks in advance

13 years 3 days ago #6222 by douglas
Dear hackyBrazil,

That's very strange. I don't think I have never seen this error. Not even the default component view is loading:
www.jeri-brazil.com/index.php?option=com_contact_enhanced

Which version are you using?
Can you please install the latest version?
You can download from here:
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Also, please remember that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

Best wishes,

13 years 3 days ago #6224 by hackybrazil
hi Douglas,

just installed the latest version - the google maps are showing - realy great - i am super stoked.

the problem with the error message unfortunately remains - i already went through a bunch of forums - cleared the cache and so on. on the mac the same error message.

going to send this issue also to my hoster - maybe something from there because until i added the 5th contact form - and many more to go - everything worked absolutely flawless!!

no worries about the update - just installed the entire package and no problem at all... the error message alredy popped up way befor installing.

maybe there is a kind of regulation as there are a lot of different mail adressses operating from this page that the host/server could consider this as spam.. who knows i will try to get smaarter soon.

anyway thanx douglas and be prepared that i will also purchase the FAQ tool you offer ;)

thanx Hacky

13 years 3 days ago #6226 by douglas
Dear Hacky,

It seems to be a problem related to a module assigned to a Contact Enhanced Menu item.
If I try to load CE without all modules it loads fine: www.jeri-brazil.com/index.php?...ontact_enhanced&tmpl=component

Please let me know if you find anything.

All the best,

13 years 3 days ago #6229 by hackybrazil
google chrome has this message:

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at www.jeri-brazil.com/en/compone...tact_enhanced/40/2?submitted=1 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

other Browsers like IE and Opera just freeze.....