Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

How can I removed the header 'Other information'?

12 years 8 months ago #7650 by alexterryuk
Hi,

I'm new to Contact Enhanced but have already got my first form up and running!

What I need to do now, for styling reasons, is remove the h3 header 'Other information' and the logo that sits below it.
I still require the other information to be displayed as normal. But this information has it's own separate unique header and so the standard one needs to be removed.

Hope that makes sense and you can help,

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7653 by douglas
Dear Alex,

You have to open [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/views/contact/tmpl/default_misc.php
and change the h3 tag for whatever you need.

Keep in mind that it will be overridden after every upgrade.

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago #9062 by ajohnson
I looked at the location that you said to edit to change the 'Other Information' text, but I cannot find the file that you referenced, and I am assuming it was changed. I am using Contact Enhanced for Joomla! 1.7. Could you provide the correct edit location?

12 years 5 months ago #9064 by douglas
Dear ajohnson,

That's the correct file, but if you want to change the language string only, then please open the language file [Path to Joomla]/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_contactenhanced.ini and change this language string:
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_OTHER_INFORMATION="Other information"

Best regards

12 years 3 months ago #9388 by lt635
Hi,

It would be great with the option in the component to remove or edit the text 'other information'.

I will remove the code from file but like you say an upgrade will override the change.

A great component! :)

Thanks
Regards
Lene

12 years 3 months ago #9389 by douglas
Dear Lene,

There are two many language string to add them to the database. I would have to add at least one more database query, which slows down the site/server, therefore I avoid unnecessary SQL queries.

It would also be more complicated to handle translations and sites with multiple languages.

I hope you understand.

Best regards,

12 years 3 months ago #9395 by lt635
Hi Douglas,

I understand. Maybe just leave it out since you have the option to add the Miscellaneous Info, which I think is great. You have the options there to add any header that you like.

For me it's not a big deal, I will keep a note on the path and file for the fix that you have mentioned in this post.

Thank you
Regards
Lene

11 years 6 months ago #12559 by motografik
I also agree we need the ability to disable the "Other Information" header within the Component Parameters...or if the H3 tag for it had either class or ID attribute associated with it so we could use display: none within the CSS

11 years 6 months ago #12560 by douglas
Dear motografik,

Which CE and Joomla versions are you using?

The latest CE for Joomla 2.5 already has the option to hide the Miscellaneous (Other Information) label;

Best regards,

11 years 6 months ago #12561 by motografik
I had an older version...I upgraded to the latest package and found that Misc. Information label parameter...it is now hidden!

Thanks Douglas.