Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

ERROR: Save failed with the following error: Contactenhanced

12 years 8 months ago #8012 by littleheadspin
Hello, I get the following error when I try to save a template:
Save failed with the following error: ContactenhancedTableTemplate: :store failed
Unknown column 'metakey' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_ce_template` (`id`,`name`,`html`,`type`,`published`,`access`,`language`,`params`,`metakey`,`metadesc`) VALUES ('0','Feedback','
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
{SITENAME}
\r\n
\r\n
Why not check out these?

\r\n
→ The Forums;

\r\n
→ Health;

\r\n
→ Coping With It;

\r\n
\r\n{txt:Thanks for contacting us.}.
\r\n

{txt:Below is a copy of your message}:\r\n
{custom_fields}

\r\n
{attachments}

\r\n

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
Home | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
\r\n
\r\n

{txt:Sent date}: {timestamp}
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
','email','1','1','','{\"style-cf-label\":\"\",\"style-cf-value\":\"\"}','','')

Please can someone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #8013 by douglas
Dear littleheadspin,

That's odd. There is not such field (metakey) in the the template's database table.
Do you have any SEO plugin that might try to add this column?

All the best,

12 years 8 months ago #8016 by littleheadspin
I Used to have AceSEF which is a huge SEO extension; but i removed it.

What can I do to get rid of this error?

I don't know much about MySQL but from looking at the error it sounds like it doesn't like that column where it is..

12 years 8 months ago #8017 by douglas
Dear littleheadspin,

I'm not sure why you are getting this error, as CE does not have those database tables (it is not necessary). In order to fix it I recommend to run the SQL query below using PHPMyAdmin:
ALTER TABLE `jos_ce_templates` ADD `metakey` TEXT NOT NULL 
 , ADD `metadesc` TEXT NOT NULL ;
If you also have the same problem with Custom Fields run this query:
ALTER TABLE `jos_ce_cf` ADD `metakey` TEXT NOT NULL 
If you also have the same problem with Custom Values run this query:
ALTER TABLE `jos_ce_cv` ADD `metakey` TEXT NOT NULL

PS: Always make a backup before making changes to the database, just to be on the safe site. ;-)

All the best,