Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Front end editing - formatting to dissappear

11 years 11 months ago #11246 by GWS
Hi there,

I have many answers to my faqs formatted using order lists.

When ever I try to edit these lists from the front end (as administrator) the OL tags disappear, leaving only the text that was between the tags.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #11249 by douglas
Dear Trevor,

That's odd.
MooFAQ uses the default WYSIWYG Content editor for the site or the selected user, therefore this should not happen.

1. Which Content Editor are you using?
2. Have you tried with another editor?
3. Which Joomla version are you using?
4. Even though I don't think this is the problem, please make sure you are using the latest MooFAQ version.

Best regards,

11 years 11 months ago #11250 by GWS
Hi Douglas

Thanks for reply.

1. JCE
2. Tiny mce
3. j2.54
4. I am

Thanks
trevor

11 years 11 months ago #11256 by douglas
Dear Trevor,

I found out the problem and I have sent the fix to your email.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

11 years 11 months ago #11263 by GWS
Hi Douglas

The fix worked and somehow you fixed the problem without visiting my site. Mysterious ways indeed..

To be honest there is another extension (jomsocial event) that is suffering from the same tag removal issue. However, they don't seem to have any ideas how to fix it as yet.

Just one question, will the file that you sent get overwritten during an upgrade or will that file be updated in the next upgrade?

many thanks
trevor

11 years 11 months ago #11264 by douglas
Dear Trevor,

I've already fixed in the source code, so the next version will have that fix as well. Actually, in order to avoid problems with other users, I have already fixed the current version.

All the best,

11 years 4 months ago #13313 by MarinaDoc
Good morning:

I´ve the same problem as Trevor. The format that I´ve established in the articles is lost in MooFaq

1. Content Editor Which are you using? : JCE
2. Have you tried with another editor: TinyMCE
3. Which Joomla version are you using?: 2.5.7
4. Even though I do not think this is the problem, please make sure you are using the latest version MooFAQ.: I'm

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Marina.

11 years 4 months ago #13314 by douglas
Dear Marina,

I've been trying to reproduce the error, but it seems this problem should already be fixed in the source code;

Are you sure you are having exact the same problem? The problem Trevor was having is that the text formatting was lost when editing the FAQ from the front-end only;

Best regards,

11 years 4 months ago #13315 by MarinaDoc
Dear Douglas:

Admittedly, the problem is not exactly the same, sorry. What happens is that it does not reflect the format of the article that I have in the back-end, but reflects a plain text without any formatting. Although, I just saw that doesn´t grabs the format from the back-end, but if I edited from the front end ... if it works.
If this is how it really works ... sorry for not having read it before!! The truth is that this plugin seems great.

Regards, Marina.

11 years 4 months ago #13316 by douglas
Dear Marina,

Well, MooFAQ inherits all content styling from your template's CSS file and the FAQs are actually articles, so MooFAQ has no control over it on the back-end;

All formatting is done in Joomla core content component (back-end OR front-end) when you create or edit an article. You can also edit FAQs (articles) using MooFAQ in the front-end.

I'm not sure what is happening on your end;

If the problem persists, please create a full backup, provide an administrator account, so I can take a closer look and also a direct link to your MooFAQ page;

PS: You can send the account details using the Support -> Contact form;

Best regards,

11 years 4 months ago #13327 by MarinaDoc
No problem, if I do it from the front-end everything works fine. The only thing is that it takes the format from the back-end, but if I write the articles in the front-end and ... ready in the back-end! ;)

11 years 4 months ago #13330 by douglas
Dear Mariana,

Ok,... let me know if you change your mind and want me to take a look.

Best regards,