Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MoofaqHelperRoute.....

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #11408 by numeroeins
Hello,

Can MooFAQ handle nested categories in Joomla 2.5.3? Unfortunately, I cannot compare settings with the demo as it is Joomla 1.5 which uses sections.

I'm running into TWO problems:

Problem ONE: Categories

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method MoofaqHelperRoute::getCategoriesRoute() in /home/NAMEREMOVED/public_html/components/com_moofaq/helpers/faq.php on line 222"

This message is displayed on the front end. I created a menu item for 'Training' and selected the menu item type "Categories" under the MooFAQ section.

Problem TWO: Category

When I set the menu item type to "Category" it doesn't display any of the articles in the subcategories, just the one article I have assigned to the parent. That is all. No list of subcategories. Just a single article.

Here is the hierarchy of the category I'm trying to use:

Training
> Subcategory One
> Subcategory Two
> Subcategory Three
> Subcategory Four
ARTICLE (not a category)

There are articles assigned to EACH subcategory. The parent, as shown above, only has ONE.
Setting the menu item type to "Search" works just fine. It lists EVERY article.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

-- Requested version information is located in signature block.

Joomla Version: 2.5.4
MooFAQ Version: 2.5.3
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Server OS: Linux

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #11409 by douglas
Dear numeroeins,

I'll send you a file in a couple minutes that should fix this.

Problem TWO: Category
The Category View is not meant to display subcategories, so it is working correctly if it is displaying the article(s) that are in it.

Best regards,

11 years 11 months ago #11410 by numeroeins
Dear Douglas,

Thank you very much!

We are one step further. The file was placed in the helper directory. I still get the error on the initial click of the link, but after a forced refresh it works. I will have to tweak the styles as everything is huge.

Here is the link: securitypros-cos.org/index.php/training-list .

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Brandon

11 years 11 months ago #11411 by douglas
Dear Brandon,

MooFAQ inherits most of your template's css styling, including the H3 font-size.
In order to fix it, please open:
/components/com_moofaq/templates/basic/css/panel.css
Find:
.moofaq .panel h3 {
  background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE;
  border: 0 none;
  margin: 0 0;
  padding: 0;
}
and replace with:
.moofaq .panel h3 {
  background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEE;
  border: 0 none;
  font-size: 120%;
  margin: 0 0;
  padding: 0;
}

Also, your template also adds styling to .panel{} if you want to change I advise you to change at the template level, this way it will work for all panels (sliders), including MooTools:
/templates/js_breeze/css/1_template.css

All the best,

11 years 11 months ago #11416 by numeroeins
Dear Douglas,

The owner of the domain is setting up FTP access for me, until then I can only modify the template styles via Joomla. So, I copied and pasted the style at the template level as you suggested and it worked like a charm. I also tweaked the H2 setting to 130%. I may bump it up to 140%.

Just one more thing, please. How in the world do I get the small bulleted list that is located at the top of the multiple categories FAQ on the demo site?
joomla-demo.fok.com.br/en/moof...oofaq-multiple-categories.html

I went through and changed every setting from Global to SHOW or YES and for the life of me a list will not appear. I must have overlooked something.

Other than that, MooFAQ is working perfect! All I need to do is tweak the component and template styles a little so they work in harmony. The green panel is larger than the main panel.

Here is the FAQ with everything displayed (notice the white padding and nice layout):
securitypros-cos.org/index.php/training-list

Here is the FAQ with the items I want displayed: securitypros-cos.org/index.php/faqs . I think the template style is smashing everything together if it is hidden. I have some work and learning to do! :-)

Thank you very much for your quick response and time and for MooFAQ!

Kind regards,

Brandon

11 years 11 months ago #11417 by numeroeins
Dear Douglas,

I figured it out! :)

Show anchors in the Global settings. I noticed the setting on the administration demo, but I couldn't locate it until now.

Again, thank you very much for everything mentioned in my previous post.

Kind regards,

Brandon

11 years 11 months ago #11521 by jschroeder

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method MoofaqHelperRoute::getCategoriesRoute() in /home/NAMEREMOVED/public_html/components/com_moofaq/helpers/faq.php on line 222"

I have the same problem.

I'll send you a file in a couple minutes that should fix this.

Would you send the file to me too?

11 years 11 months ago #11522 by douglas
Dear jschroeder,

I believe the latest version already has this fix. Have you tried to update?
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Please keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

Best regards,

11 years 10 months ago #11542 by jschroeder
Your Update was faster than i :laugh:

Thank You, now it works.