Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

MoofAQ creating odd pages

11 years 3 months ago #13496 by stempelman
Hello:

When you go to takeyourpet.com and go to the bottom to see faqs all is well but I notice some of my site's pages showing up in Google that should not be there. For example
www.takeyourpet.com/faq-s/28-media.feed

I have no idea how these pages show up with the .feed suffix and faq-s in the path, which is the path I reserved for MooFAQ.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #13497 by douglas
Dear Steve,

Please go to Components -> MooFAQ -> Options (button in the toolbar) and under the Integrations tab set "Show feed links" to Hide.

It will take a while for Google to remove those pages from their index. If I'm not mistaken you can use Google Webmasters < www.google.com/webmasters > in order to remove pages from Google index.

Best regards,

11 years 3 months ago #13525 by stempelman
Thanks Douglas but there is no such tab. When I click Options Article Manager Options comes up and there are only 4 tabs - slider, articles, category, and categories.

11 years 3 months ago #13526 by douglas
Dear Stempelman,

That tab is present in the latest versions, so I assume you are using an older version.

Please upgrade to the latest version so you can gain access to that tab.

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago #13621 by stempelman
Thanks Douglas - did that but the pages still come up in joomla - I do not want them to come up so they'll return a 404 and drop from google.

For example, see

www.takeyourpet.com/faq-s/28-media.feed

Please advise. Thanks,

Steve

11 years 2 months ago #13622 by douglas
Dear Steve,

By default it will take a while for your URLs to be removed from Google search, however if you want to you can go to www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitelinks -> Configuration -> Sitelinks and "Demote" some the URLs you want.

BEst regards,

11 years 2 months ago #13648 by stempelman
Sorry that I was not clear - I understand they won't disappear from google overnight but what I am saying is I made the change you said but

takeyourpet.com/faq-s/28-media.feed

still comes up as a page and does not return a 404 as it should. How do I get *FROM JOOMLA* these pages that MooFAQ created to not exist anymore?

Hope that is more clear. Thanks,

Steve

11 years 2 months ago #13650 by douglas
Dear Steve,

What that Options does is hide the feed, but active links will still work.

IF you get a 404 on your website most visitors will not remain on your site and you might have problems with Google Page rank because of those pages. What I suggest for you to do is to go to Components -> Redirect and create a redirect for those pages.

Best regards,