Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Compatibility with FaLang

11 years 2 days ago #14319 by webgobe
Hi!
I successfully used (many times) MooFAQ on Joomla 1.5 with JomFish - and tought, that using it with Joomla 2.5 and FaLang will be a breeze.
But wasn't so...
Here is the 1.5 site I am upgrading: spliffseeds.nl , the page with MooFAQ is there:
www.spliffseeds.nl/contact/spliff-seeds-faq-general.html
and here is the site upgraded to Joomla 2.5, with same content:
wietzaden.info/spliff-seeds-faq-general
As you see, everything is working with FaLang, but the MooFaq component.
The new site is Joomla 2.5.11 with MooFaq 3.0.3.
PS. I'm not a beginner either in Joomla or JomFish/FaLang ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 days ago #14321 by webgobe
Switching MooFAQ to handle articles using Com_content solved the problem... but still weird

11 years 2 days ago #14322 by douglas
Dear webgobe,

I usually recommend users to use Joomla core language options, because my extensions are already compatible with Joomla Multilingual features.

I was just reading MooFAQ for Joomla 1.5 and I did not find any special query for JoomFish, so it seems I did not need to implement anything and Joom!Fish took care of it automatically!
Most likely it was because MooFAQ uses Joomla content articles and JoomFish probably intercepted the database query and executed it's own query instead, therefore returning the correct value (I'm guessing here).

FaLang is based on Joom!Fish, right?
Can you please contact FaLang and ask them why it's not working? Since they are the ones that implemented their component and plugin I'm sure they will be able to give you a better reply.

Best regards,

11 years 2 days ago #14323 by webgobe
Thanks!
FaLang is the fork of JomFish ported to Joomla 2.5, works the same way (catches database queries and return instead the original language strings the translated ones). Probably the problem is caused by a minor inconsistency in how you handle database queries. JomFish/FaLang requires that in those queries the database field which is designated as the key for the table in question to be present in all queries used. (every filter, etc.) Here might be something not working 100% right.

My problem is solved on short term, but as I have some time will check what can be the cause. I bet that is something really minor. And, of course, I will let you know what was and how to fix it!