Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

MooFAQ Plugin Order Issue

10 years 7 months ago #15377 by adgrocks
Douglas,
I keep seeing posts by people who are wishing to be able to order the FAQ via the plugin and the last post I saw from you was from about 6 months ago saying that you were working on fixing this issue.
I re-downloaded the latest version as per my subscription (which appears to be this package: moofaq_3.1__20130805_1043) and I still can't see where to be able to do this. For some reason, the default order is newest first.

With FAQ's (at least in most cases I know) the questions are in a specific order to how the client wants it. So in other words, in order to make this work properly, I need to know all of the FAQs for a particular subject up front (which I normally do) and then remember to enter them all into the articles in reverse order so that the one that I want to have show up first is the last one I want to enter. Really backwards thinking.

Anyone who is not familiar with this protocol might put 50 questions in their articles and then find out that they are all backwards. The simplest thing to do would be able to reverse the order. You can do this from the Menu item FAQ, but not from the plugin - why? I don't have a lot of time to go into the code and figure out how to do this myself, nor do I wish to.

Is this a permanent way of how this will work or are you still working on a way to fix this? I think it should just be a line of code for the embedded plugin. Something like: order=|ascending| or something like that.

Let me know when you have a chance.
Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #15382 by douglas
Dear Mike,

I have implemented this feature for you. This was not a simple task, even thought it seems like. I spend over 3 hours implementing and testing this feature. I hope it solves the problem you were facing.

I've updated the download package. Please create a full backup (for safety reasons) and install the new version.

Have a blessed weekend,

10 years 7 months ago #15383 by adgrocks
Wow, thanks so much Douglas.
I'll implement it and let you know how it goes.
I appreciate your help and dedication.
Thanks,
Mike

10 years 7 months ago #15394 by adgrocks
Douglas,
How does this work? I don't see any additional settings. I tried the order= code and that didn't work.
Mike

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #15395 by douglas
Dear Mike,

That's odd. You should be able to see a new setting when you click on the "Add MooFAQ" editor button.

Anyway, try adding the following syntax:
order=|a.ordering DESC|

Best regards,

10 years 7 months ago #15396 by adgrocks
Ah, the one place I didn't look - the button feature (duh).
It works perfectly and might I add - a very helpful feature to MooFAQ!
You rock,
Mike