Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Trouble with IE8

14 years 6 months ago #1278 by jenni
I really like this FAQ, but I am having a problem with it in IE8. Sometimes I click on a faq and it expands fine, but sometimes it is not opening or closing correctly. It overlaps or does not close all the way. I have attached a screenshot. The arrow shows what I clicked and the circle shows the expansion results.

Here is the link if you want to check it out live:
professionalfreelancersnetwork...&view=categories&id=2&Itemid=7
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #1280 by jenni
Hello? Any ideas on this one? If not, I am going to need a refund. I can't possibly use this plugin if it is not going to work with the current browsers. Is there anyting I can do to fix this?

TIA,

Jenni

14 years 6 months ago #1282 by douglas
Dear Jenni,

I'm sorry for the delay. I was taking a look at it, ,trying to understand why your installation isn't working.

I suspect it is a javascript incompatibility. So, for testing reasons, can you temporarily disable the plugin PC includes?

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1283 by jenni
I looked for a plugin of that name, but can't find one. Which plugin are you referring to?

Thanks,

Jenni

14 years 6 months ago #1284 by douglas
Dear Jenni,

I'm not sure! All I know that it is a System plugin that is adding this Javascript file:
professionalfreelancersnetwork...system/pc_includes/ajax_1.2.js

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1285 by jenni
Hmm, I don't think that's it. This is a new install and the only system plugins that are not joomla 1.5 standard are for the jomcomments and the azrul system mambot. I installed your plugin before those and yours was teh first plugin installed on this site. Just to test I just disabled them both and tried and it did not fix the problem. Other than that, the only thing I instlaled on this site is the temlpate and it is the new CB tabless div template with no js whatsoever. Any other ideas?

Jenni

14 years 6 months ago #1286 by douglas
Dear Jenni,

Does it work with Joomla's default template?
Is the ajax_1.2.js part of the Azrul plugin? Did you clean the system (Joomla) and browser cache after you've disabled the plugins?

Kind regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1287 by jenni
Ok, it breaks in IE8 with the purity template, the bees template and with the community builder coolness template. The only one it seems to work with is milkyway. So since it is not working with two of the default templates and a tabless div template, then is it a template issue? Or is the only template this will work with the milkyway template?

Jenni

P.S. yes, I cleared my cache and refreshed.

14 years 6 months ago #1288 by jenni
Oh, i forgot to answer your azrul question. I installed the MyBlog (azrul) after I installed yours, so it's not that or the kenua forum. Yours was the first plugin installed.

14 years 6 months ago #1289 by jenni
I can give you access to the adminstration area if you want to check it out in more detail. Let me know...

Jenni

14 years 6 months ago #1290 by douglas
Dear Jenni,

That's strange because I get it working correctly with either Milkyway or JA Purity templates.
Is this CB template a free template? Can you send it to me so I can test it?

I checked the code and it is not any module's fault either.

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1291 by jenni
I emailed you the info requested, but I can't find another email for you than the support@ and it said not to reply, so let me know if you don't get that email 'cause I'm not sure I sent it to the right place.

Jenni