Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Custom - (Allow expand and collapse all) - Beta Error

14 years 6 months ago #1312 by bocikt

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moved this topic from another thread.
I tried the custom -beta slider type and I am having similar problems as others. The custom slider problems are:
  • Last article does not open
  • The Expand All and Collapse All links do not work
  • After the first article, the remainder of the articles are displaying incorrectly. Click on a topic and the one below displays with the wrong text.
  • Page displays the following message at the bottom of the browser page: Done, but with errors on the page.

I have attached the errors associated with the page.

Here is my configuration:
Is there anything I can do to fix this? If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks,
Todd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #1318 by douglas
Dear Todd,

Are you using any plugin to cache your Javascript files?
Can you disable it so I can try to understand why this is happening?
Is there any parameter to disable it for MooFAQ only?

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1322 by bocikt
Good Afternoon,

Here is a list of all the plugins that Joomla allows me to delete:
  • Authentication - GMail
  • Authentication - OpenID
  • Content - Code Highlighter (GeSHi)
  • Content - Email Cloaking
  • Content - Load Modules
  • Content - RokBox
  • Editor - CKEditor
  • Editor - JCE 154
  • Button - Xmap Link
  • Button - Image
  • Button - Pagebreak
  • Button - Readmore
  • Search - Categories
  • Search - Newsfeeds
  • Search - Sections
  • System - Debug
  • System - RokBox
  • System - RokGZipper
  • System - SEF
  • User - Joomla!

Before I found your component, I tried to use the Accordian plugin from Core Design ( demo.greatjoomla.com/index.php...view=article&id=126&Itemid=210 ) and it required something called the Scrptegrator plugin ( www.greatjoomla.com/extensions...sign-scriptegrator-plugin.html ). I never got it to work. So when I found your component, I deleted these two plugins before I loaded MooFAQ.

Even though I deleted those two plugins, could they still be installed in some way?

Thanks for your help,

Todd

14 years 6 months ago #1324 by douglas
Dear Todd,

How exactly have you deleted the plugin?

The correct procedure is:
1- Select Extensions -> Install/Uninstall from the drop-down menu in the Back-end of your Joomla! installation;
2- Select the Plugin Tab;
3- Select the plugin by checking the radio button next to its name and click on the uninstall button located in the toolbar. Joomla! will uninstall the item and show a message that says "Uninstall Success".

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1326 by bocikt
Those are the exact steps I use.

Let me tell you what I have done since I last wrote.

I deleted the old version of the MooFAQ plugin and installed the new version of MooFAQ plugin (version: 1.5.3_091020_1422) .

Now my FAQ page ( www.ffumc.org/ffumc2010/about-...requently-asked-questions.html ) works using the Custom Beta slider type, but the Beliefs and Values page ( www.ffumc.org/ffumc2010/about-us/beliefs-and-values.html ) does not.

I get the same error on the Beliefs and Values page as I first described and no errors on the FAQ page. I feel we are getting close.

Todd

14 years 6 months ago #1327 by douglas
Dear Todd,

It would be much easier to understand what is causing this problem with the JS were not been cached by this plugin you have installed.

Did you clean your system (Joomla) cache?

If necessary, can you provide an administrator account so I can take a look at it?

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1332 by bocikt
Hello Douglas,

I have performed both the "Clean Cache" and "Purge Expired Cache" and it did not fix the Beliefs and Values page.

I did find out something interesting:

If you set the Primary Order field to "Default", the pages open up correctly in Custom. However, if you set it to "Oldest First", the control works very strange. The sliders do not open correctly.

I do not know if this is because of the page errors of something else. It does not happen on the FAQ page that is using the Custom Slider Type.

Anyway, I will send you an administrators account on the beta site through the support center.

14 years 6 months ago #1335 by douglas
Dear Todd,

After a lot of trial and errors, I found out what was causing the problem!
You had an H3 HTML tag inside the content which is the same tag used for the MooFAQ headings. I changed temporarily to an H2 tag and it fixed.
I'll work on a definitive fix this week.

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1346 by douglas
Dear Todd,

You can download a fix for this problem, just follow the instructions on this page: ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-download.html

Regards,