Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Multiple Catagories Error

14 years 5 months ago #1437 by curlingkc
I just bought your program MooFAQ.

It works for the most part on one page where I use it for a single catagory but it fails when I use the Multiple Category, menu type on another

Here is the link.
glendale.directrouter.com/~kcc...iew=categories&id=10&Itemid=72

First I cannot get it to show the Section Description at the top like it work in the single category

Second does not show the expand all /collapse all

Third it will not expand any of the articles. When clicked, the arrow points down and the screen will scroll as if it did expand but you cannot see the the text. However, if I log in, It will expand no problem. despite the fact that the section, categorizes and articles are all set to public.

I have tried various parameter both at the global state and at the menu link.

Am I missing something, Can you help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #1438 by douglas
Dear Bill,

The answer to your questions:
1. I just sent to your email another package which fixes this issue, I'll update the release package soon;
2 and 3. The custom slider is not yet ready for the MultiCategory view, therefore there is no "Expand all" and "Collapse all" links;

Kind regards,

14 years 5 months ago #1443 by curlingkc
I have updated the program and it works much better.

However the Multiple Category seems expand the first faq automatically and I cannot figure out how to keep it from doing that.

14 years 5 months ago #1446 by douglas
Dear Bill,

The default slider is the Accordion effect developed by the MooTools developers and cannot be changed. That's the main reason why I introduced another slider, however it is not completely working in the Multiple categories view. This is something that I'll fix in future versions.

Kind regards

14 years 5 months ago #1552 by wrw28
Hi:

I would very much like to have the fix for the multiple categories that includes the section description. I just purchased the product today and the ability to display the section description would be very helpful.

thanks in advance

14 years 5 months ago #1553 by douglas
Dear Wendi,

It works already.
In the Multiple Categories layout menu parameters set "Description" to "Show";

Rergards,

14 years 4 months ago #1627 by LaughDonor
I'm in the same boat here too. I try to expand the articles in multiple catagory layout and the arrow rotates like it's going to show, but nothing expands. I'm using Chrome and Firefox... both do the same thing. I made sure everything in the parameters is set to show, but still nothing. :/ Could I get an email with the fix that you posted earlier? Or perhaps inform us how long until the next version comes out, please? Thank you!

14 years 4 months ago #1629 by douglas
Dear Sunny,

I've already updated the package with the fix I mentioned earlier. This might be for a different reason.

Can you post your website URL so I can take a look at it?

Best regards,

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #1631 by LaughDonor
Direct link to the page is here.. *removed*

14 years 4 months ago #1634 by douglas
Sunny,

Unfortunately the Custom Slider option is not ready for the Multi Category Layout, please use the Default slider until next version comes out.

Kind regards,