Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

JOOMSEF - URL's

14 years 6 months ago #1466 by Bas
Hi,

I was hoping i could run MooFAQ with ARTIO JOOMSEF but it doesn't look like it's working. If i enable JoomSEF with MooFAQ my FAQ menu get's the default blog layout rather then the MooFAQ layout.

Does anybody know how i get JOOMSEF to work with MooFAQ so i can have both the great FAQ layout of MooFAQ and the short URLS from JOOMSEF.

thanks

Bas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #1468 by douglas
Dear Bas,

I've been working on this.

You can test what I've done so far. Just unpack the zip file attached and upload the files to [Joomla]/components/com_sef/sef_ext/

Kind regards,
EDIT: Removed the file. New version available here: ideal.fok.com.br/component/opt...atid,5/func,view/id,2538/#2548

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 6 months ago #1471 by Bas
Hi,

I uploaded the files in the attachement but it doesn't do anything. i am getting the exact same issues as without these files. The only difference is that the JoomSEF back end now shows the MooFAQ - JoomSEF extension but that's about it.

Hoping on some more tips

Regards,

Bas

14 years 6 months ago #1472 by douglas
I had it working... :(

Which version of Joomsef do you have installed?

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1473 by Bas
Hi,

well i just updated my version today to 3.5.0 so that might be why it's working on your site.

14 years 5 months ago #1491 by Bas
Hi,

I just wanted to inform you on the following:

We ran into a lot of issues with JoomSEF (not related to your MooFAQ) but related to Virtuemart. After trying several hours to fix all the stuff i decided to pull the plug on JoomSEF and use Joomla native SEF. Now here comes the interesting part:

I wasn't happy with the non-SEF urls in virtuemart and decided to look a bit further on the web for a functioning SEF component and stumbled on JoomAce and decided to take a gamble. Now i am extremely happy again as not only all my normal Joomla URL's are SEF again but also my Virtuemart is working 100%. So far so good but the absolute best part is:

ACESEF works 100% with MooFAQ so my MooFAQ layout is back and i'me running SEF.
lesson learned: Want to use JoomSEF? Better think again.

So issue resolved by stepping away from JoomSEF :cheer:

14 years 5 months ago #1492 by douglas
Dear Bas,

I'm glad you found a solution.

If you ever need further assistance do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

14 years 1 month ago #2367 by srkmath
Hello Douglas,
I have purchased your MooFAQ component (Version updated to 1.5.5) and would like to make it work with Artio JoomSEF. Can I try your moofaq_joomsef.zip atatched on this thread? Will this be compatible to the latest version MooFAQ 1.5.5?

Thanks,

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2368 by douglas
Dear Swami,

I haven't tested with the latest version, however I believe it will work correctly, except if you the Search view.
If it doesn't work you can easily delete it, no harm will be done;

Fridays and Mondays are the busiest days around here, otherwise I'd test for you;

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2370 by srkmath
Thank you, Douglas! I just tried and it works for MooFAQ, I don't use the search option, so this doesn't matter. I have also tested with Component contact plugin within MooFAQ and it works with Joomsef as well.

14 years 1 month ago #2371 by douglas
Dear Swami,

I'm glad it is working!

When I mentioned the Search view I meant the Menu -> MooFAQ -> Search; Please keep in mind that this JoomSEF plugin might not work with that menu type (view);

Have a great weekend;

Kind regards,