Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

JFolder::create: Could not create directory

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1693 by stevew
When I try and install I get the following error:

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Warning! Failed to move file.

I've done the following:

1. checked permissions on my tmp folder (I set them to 777)
2. Checked permissions on the component folder - even tried it on 777)
3. Unpacked files and tried to install from a directory on my C: drive and from hosting but I just kept getting an error of: Please enter a package directory
4. Tried to install via URL but got same error
5. Was going to copy the files manually but couldn't find a 'site' folder
6. I looked around for other solutions on the forum and tried similar fixes but they didn't work.
7. I am running the latest version of joomla 1.5
8. The site I am installing it on is in a subdirectory and is an addon domain site

If anybody has come across this or has a work around I'd be really grateful.
Thanks
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #1694 by douglas
Dear Steve,

This error is usually related to folder permissions.

Select Help --> System Info from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation.

Click on the Directory Permissions tab.
This screen shows a list of the directories that the webserver should have write access to. Please note that all directories listed on this page should say Writable. If not, you may need to change the permissions to be able to install and use Joomla! successfully.

Regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1695 by stevew
Superb support - well done.

My site was a cloned joomla installation from another hosting.

One thing it didn't clone properly were the log and tmp file paths which I changed in the site configuration. The component then installed properly.

Thanks very much for the help and fast reply

14 years 3 months ago #1696 by douglas
I'm always glad to help! :)

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,