Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Plugins not working in IE7

14 years 3 months ago #1864 by richpig
Hi

Just a quick question regarding the compatibility with moofaqs and IE7 to see if this is a known problem (can't find similar on the forum!)

When using image gallery plugins (Ignite Gallery to be precise, but many others tried as well!) to display an image slideshow in my category FAQ pages, all is well in IE8, FF, Chrome, Safari, Opera but in IE7 the image galleries appear over the top of the content above where the faqs begin.

An example can be seen here:
www.test.simplyitsupport.co.uk/wingsandwheels/motoring.html

As a workaround I'll use an IE7 specific stylesheet so it doesn't show the slideshow but instead a single background-image but it would be great if anyone has an idea on how to get the slideshow to work in IE7 too!

Thanks

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1865 by douglas
Dear Richard,

I've studied how this gallery plugin displays the images and it does something nice: It is adding the slideshow inside a new table column, which might make this easier;

You can try to add right:0;top:0; to rule div.main_large_image inside www.test.simplyitsupport.co.uk...s/com_igallery/css/gallery.css .

This is the only thing that I can think about it right now;

If this does not solve try to contact the Gallery developers and if you find a solution please post it here;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1866 by richpig
Hi Douglas

Thanks for trying, alas this didn't work.

I'm not going to spend any more time on this now as the site owner is happy for it just to show a static image for IE7 browers.

Thanks anyway for the quick reply and effort!

Richard

14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #2005 by flangefrog
I was wondering if anybody can help with two plugins I use - JW Allvideos and Phocagallery Plugin.
Both of these float above the content In IE8 when the sliders are closed, but are fine when they are open. Is there anything I can change in the CSS to fix this?

You can see it at http://www.robotics.org.nz/index.php?option=com_moofaq&view=categories&id=4&Itemid=73 and http://www.robotics.org.nz/index.php?option=com_moofaq&view=categories&id=11&Itemid=79

Thanks

Michael

14 years 2 months ago #2006 by richpig
Hi Michael

I don't know if it will help but my problem (as per this original post) was exactly the same. In IE7 (IE8 compatibility mode) my slideshow plugin had them hovering above the content just like yours.

I got away with adding an IE 7 only style sheet to my template and including a div around the plugin to display:none; for IE7 only. And then a second div after the plugin one to display a background-image, in place of the slideshow.

Not ideal (excuse the pun!), but solved it for me as the client could live without the slideshow of images on IE7 only browsers, whether you can get away with the same is of course another matter!

If you need any more info on the css used just shout.

Hope you work round it.

Richard

14 years 2 months ago #2007 by flangefrog
Hi

I did find that IE was running in IE7 compatibility mode - IE8 mode works.

Your fix will work on one of my pages. I can just link to the gallery and to the video section in IE7, but on the video section I can't do anything. If I can't figure out something I will just have to use some other component for the videos :( .

I looked in firebug and the Video player has a z-index of 999 - I will try removing that and see if it works.

Are you able to give me the code for showing/not showing the div in IE?

Thanks

14 years 2 months ago #2085 by richpig
Hi sorry for the late reply on this, here's the <div>'s and css I used to hide the plugin from IE7....

On the article in Joomla around the plugin:

<div class="slide">{nameofplugin}</div>
<div id="unqiuename"> </div>

In the index.php file in the <HEAD> section (if you don't already have an IE7 only css file for your template):

<!--[if IE 7]>
<link href="templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/css/ie7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<![endif]-->

In the ie7.css file:

.slide {
display:none;
}

#unqiuename {
background-image:url(../images/Cars_007.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
width:200px;
height:125px;
border:1px solid #FFDA0D;
padding:4px;
background-position: center center;
margin-left:10px;
}

The .slide class will hide the plugin from IE7 browers and the second div along with the 2nd bit of css will display a background image instead. I added several more uniquenamed background images as I had several pages using the plugin.

Hope this helps and makes sense!

14 years 2 months ago #2086 by douglas
Dear Richard,

Thanks for contributing!

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #2087 by richpig
No worries, I've had plenty of help from various forums while getting to know Joomla so if this helps at all then great - there may well be better ways round it but it certainly got me out of trouble!

Keep up the great work on the component, really like it.

Cheers :cheer: