Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

main wrapper height problem

14 years 1 month ago #2463 by blackclio55
My template from Yootheme uses a javascript to adjust the height of the main wrapper area to at least the height of the left and right module positions to avoid having a longer module than the content area. The line of code that is doing this is:
YOOBase.matchHeight('div.main-wrapper-1, #left, #right', 20);

Problem is MooFaq component is generating style="min-height: 3220px;" which seems to be the equivalent height of having all my FAQs expanded simultaneously. This produces a very long empty area in the main content area. I can't get rid of this javascript because it does it's work in other areas of the site. It only works bad with the MooFAQ component.

How can I solve this?

Site is under construction but I can send you user name and password via PM if you want to check it.

Thanks,

D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #2464 by douglas
Dear Daniel,

I'm not familiar with YooThemes. I know for example that in RocketThemes templates you can turn off a template feature only for certain menu items. If YooThemes does not have this feature, you are going to have to implement a workaround like this:
<?php if(JRequest::getVar('option') != 'com_moofaq'): ?>
YOOBase.matchHeight('div.main-wrapper-1, #left, #right', 20);
<?php endif; ?>

This will avoid matchHeight to be executed when MooFAQ is loaded;

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2465 by blackclio55
Hi Douglas, thank for your prompt reply.

After several hours looking into the problem I discovered a way to change css and javascript for specific menu items (similar to what you mentioned of RocketThemes).

In the case of Yootheme, they implement it using a parameter in the Page Class Suffix called "itemcolor-xxxxx". This works fine in articles but not in MooFAQ. However the problems I get are fairly simple:

a) I loose the CSS styling of the Section title (I'm using the multi-category moofaq). It now has the style of the body text.

b) I get the text "itemcolor-moofaq" (which is the page class suffix I added) in the same line as the category titles. For example "itemcolor-moofaq SALES FAQS" is now the category title.

What code should I change to avoid these 2 problems?

Thanks,
D.

14 years 1 month ago #2466 by douglas
Dear Daniel,

I did not understand problem a very well and I've tried to find something wrong in the code that would result in the problem b, but I had no "luck".

Can you please provide a direct URL so I can take a look?

Best regards,