Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Changing FAQ Category Title style

13 years 10 months ago #3177 by cyates
About a month ago, you mentioned the following in a thread titled "CSS Changes not being applied"

I've already changed the new version which I should release in a couple days. In the new version you will be able to just add the .moofaq-category-title rule to the CSS file;

Is this implemented? I would like to make the category font slightly smaller. Could you provide some further details on how to add this rule (which css file, and the full statement to be added).

Thanks very much. I'm new to your FAQ component, but so far, I like its design.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #3178 by douglas
Dear Cyates,

I don't remember in which context I said that, however the font can be easily changed in any MooFAQ version.

Please read this FAQ item:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...an-i-change-moofaqs-style.html

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3180 by cyates
Thanks Douglas,

I did read that FAQ, but was still wondering if there were a rule that I could add or modify which would only affect the category titles. You had referenced ".moofaq-category-title" in your month-old post and I was wondering if this item exists in the current version of MooFAQ (which I believe is 1.5.5.1 as of today).

I hope the question makes sense, as I am not experienced in playing with css files.

Thanks again for your help.

13 years 10 months ago #3181 by douglas
Dear Cyates,

Yes, the 1.5.5.1 is the latest version and you can reference the rule .moofaq-category-title in the CSS file.

You can just add this line below and change the percentage until you get the desired size:
.moofaq-category-title{font-size:95%}

Kind regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3183 by cyates
Douglas,

I added the line you suggested to the appropriate panel.css file (using blue-sharp). I also changed my template to default and tried adding the line to the default panel.css file.

I can't get the category titles to change size. Incidentally, I have added
.pane-sliders .panel h3 span{font-size:80%}
to the css file to change the size of the FAQ questions and this works fine.

Could there be something else overriding the moofaq-category-title setting?

Regards
Carter

13 years 10 months ago #3185 by douglas
Dear Carter,

That's odd. Can you provide a direct link so I can take a look ?

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3186 by cyates
Unfortunately, no. So far, this implementation has just been done on a localhost configuration. Is there another way to get you what you would like to see?
Here, for example, is the blue_sharp panel.css file.

In case it helps, the only extensions loaded in this implementation so far are Community Builder, Agora Forums, EasyBlog, and MooFAQ. No language extensions (beyond English-GB). No additional templates have been loaded - currently I'm using one of the standard Joomla templates (rhuk-milkyway).

I haven't touched any of the other css files in this implementation so far.

---Carter

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.

13 years 10 months ago #3187 by douglas
Dear Carter,

It is harder to debug if I cannot see the code in action.

Can you please save the HTML output and send it to me?

Sincere regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3188 by cyates
Ok, here is the html output. I also added a gif file containing a screenshot of the FAQ screen as it currently displays. The panel.css file is attempting to set the font size for the category titles at 60% (just to make have an obvious effect).
---Carter

This attachment is hidden for guests.

This message has an attachment file.

13 years 10 months ago #3189 by douglas
Dear Carter,

I actually just wanted the HTML file, because when you save the entire page it changes the links to the CSS and Javascript files.

i did noticed that the moofaq-category-title is in your HTML, so just please make sure it you are editing the correct CSS file which corresponds to your MoOFAQ template.

Also, I forgot to ask you to clean your browsers and Joomla cache every time that you change the configuration or the CSS file.

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3190 by cyates
Hi Douglas,
Thanks for sticking with this. I know it would be easier if you could see the website.

I had been routinely clearing the Joomla cache and browser cache when fiddling around with the css file. I did it once more just before capturing the attached html file. Hope this helps.

---Carter

13 years 10 months ago #3192 by cyates
You got it!

Adding the "important" parameter to the css line allowed the format to happen.

So, to summary, in order to modify the format of the FAQ Category headers, I added the following line to the appropriate panel.css file:

.moofaq-category-title{font-size:90% !important}

Thanks very much for all the help on this.

Regards,
Carter