Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Adding MooFAQ to an article - problem with front-end display

13 years 10 months ago #3182 by cyates
Hi Douglas

I'm just trying out the feature of adding MooFAQ to an article for the first time.
The MooFAQ component is working fine. I next wanted to experiment with the plug-in.

I created a new article and added the FAQ using the Add FAQ button in the editor.
It created
{moofaq view=|categories| id=|3| showtitle=|0| showdesc=|0| }
in the article. So far, so good.

However, when I create a menu item to display this article in the front-end (using Moofaq-Single Article Layout type), clicking on the menu item simply displays the bracketed text shown above - no FAQ display.

Have I missed a step somewhere? I checked and there are 2 MooFAQ plugins installed and enabled (Content - Moofaq, and Editors-xtd - Add_moofaq).

Thanks again for your help. This is with Joomla 1.5.18 and MooFAQ 1.5.5.1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #3184 by douglas
Dear Cyates,

The plugin is made to work with the com_contact (Articles component) only, so when you create a menu item create a regular Joomla Article menu item and it will work.

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3191 by cyates
Ok, I followed your suggestion and I get a new problem.
Here is exactly what I did.
I deleted the original article with the FAQ embedded and I deleted the menu item which was displaying it.
I created a new article without an FAQ component in it and I created a new menu item to display it. This worked fine.
Then, I went back and edited the same article to add the FAQ item into it. The attached file shows the article edit window after the edit. I didn't touch the menu item.
I cleared the browser and Joomla's cache.
I went back to the front-end and click on the menu item to display the article with the embedded FAQ. The result was a 404 error message (Resource not found).

One other question (which may be related??). How does the FAQ list embedded into the article pick up configuration parameters beyond the few parameters which are set in the FAQ pop-up window? There are no FAQ-specific parameters available to be set when editing the article.

Regards,
Carter

13 years 10 months ago #3193 by douglas
Dear Carter,

Can you wait a couple hours and I'll create a screencast for you?

The plugin gets the configuration from the Component -> MooFAQ: Parameters(button).

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3194 by douglas
Dear Carter,

I've created a screencast for you with instruction on how to use a the MooFAQ plugin:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...nent-moofaq/documentation.html

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3195 by cyates
Douglas,

Thanks very much for the screencast. I was able to follow your instructions and get the FAQ to embed successfully into my article when it was displayed in the front end. This worked for both a front page view and as a menu item selection. Yea!

However, here is where it gets interesting. Just as you did in your screencast, I had selected one category of FAQ's to display and this worked.
However, when I erased the {moofaq ... } line from the article and tried a multiple category {moofaq ...} entry in the article instead, it failed with the 404 error when I tried to display the page.
The exact line inserted into the article for this multi-category display is:
{moofaq view=|categories| id=|3| showtitle=|0| showdesc=|0| }

If I erase this multi-category entry and try another single category {moofaq ...} entry, it works again. In fact, I have 5 categories in my FAQ section. I tried each one within the article and they all worked fine.

Some more data. In another menu, I had a menu item that called the multi-category FAQ component and that has worked fine. However, I deleted this menu item and set up a new menu item to display a single FAQ category. This still worked fine.
I then went back to the article and tried again to embed a multi-category FAQ item and it still gave me a 404 error when I tried to display the article.

Does any of this help at all?
I appreciated the screencast - nice job!

---Carter

13 years 10 months ago #3196 by douglas
Dear Carter,

That's very strange!

I used the exact same syntax for the multiple categories and it worked correctly.

Can you just add one {moofaq view=|category| ... } for each category that you need until you upload your site to a online server? You should get the same output any way.

Are you using any SEF component?

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3197 by cyates
No SEF components yet.

I can work with the single-category FAQ article display for now.
I'll get back to you when I have it on a host that you can access (may be several weeks).

Thanks for your help so far.

---Carter

13 years 10 months ago #3267 by aimsln
I have the same problem! In the backend I have written into the article:
{moofaq view=|category| id=|1| showtitle=|0| showdesc=|0| }

At the frontend it shows also just the plain text:
{moofaq view=|category| id=|1| showtitle=|0| showdesc=|0| }

I used for the menu MooFAQ Article layout

So how to solve the problem? :S

13 years 10 months ago #3268 by douglas
Dear Aimln,

That's because the MooFAQ plugin is meant to be used with Content Articles.

If you want to display a MooFAQ Category, then please use the MooFAQ -> Category view;

Kind regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3269 by aimsln
Okay, but befor I can use MooFAQ I have to create a menu entry, but I won't have any menu entry from MooFAQ. How can I use MooFAQ without create a menu entry?

13 years 10 months ago #3270 by douglas
Dear Aimln,

If you are using only a category view in the plugin and you don't use the parameters to link titles, then you don't need to create a menu item (entry).

You also can create a MooFAQ Categories or MooFAQ Category menu item in a hidden Menu Type or any Menu type that is not used by your template.

Kind regards,