Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

MooFAQ VERY VERY slow in Explorer 8

13 years 9 months ago #3559 by esteban
Hi,
we use succesfully MooFaq in our Website.
Under Firefox / Chrome all works very fine and quickly - but in Explorer it's almost impossible to use MooFAQ.
You can test it under :
www.micromedia-int.com/index.php/en/faq.html
Is there a solution to change this problem??
Thanks a lot advance
Esteban

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #3561 by douglas
Dear Esteban,

IE is every developers nightmare! ;-(

What happens:
MooFAQ there are two slider types available in MooFAQ. MooTools default accordion script, also used by Joomla and a Custom Slide script. Both scripts are only executed after the page is loaded, so it can calculate the height of each slider and hide them afterwards. The more FAQ item you have the longer it will take to execute this script.
It seems IE takes too long to execute this simple script.

Possible solution:
Use a MooFAQ -> Section (Section layout) instead of a MooFAQ -> Categories Menu item type. This way it will load much much faster.
I usually recommend to add a short description to each category
Can you use like that?

Sincere regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3571 by esteban
yes - you are right - IE is every developers nightmare! ;-( !!
Thanks for your answer - it was very helpfull
Have a nice day
Esteban

13 years 9 months ago #3578 by esteban
sorry - I have answer to quickly ..
it seems that with "section layout " there are a big BUG.
With this menu I see all MooFAQ categories with the number of articles in this category.
When I click in once of categories - the given page (content) is completely wrong - I can find there a content from another section + categorie - but in the addresbar the address is correct !!
the most amazing : it's only for a few categories ...
you can see it in our site
www2.micromedia-int.com/
under SUPPORT -> FAQ2

compare the addressbar and the breadcrumps-bar ... here you can see, that it's completly amazing !
As you ever heart about this bug ??
Thanks advance
Esteban

13 years 9 months ago #3579 by douglas
Dear Esteban,

That is indeed very strange.

Can you please disable SEF so I can understand exactly what's happening?

This seems to be your test site. Can you provide administrator access so I can take a closer look?

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3580 by esteban
I have stoped the SEO - and now all works fine.
You know another way to work WITH SEO and MooFAQ -> Sections ???
You can send me an mail (to give the account (when necessary). I don't want to post it here
;-)
Thanks a lot for your quickly answers !
Esteban

13 years 9 months ago #3581 by douglas
Dear Esteban,

I could not reproduce the same problem here. I might have already fixed that in my development installation, so I'm going to create a new installation package so you can update your MooFAQ.

Sincere regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3585 by esteban
thanks a lot for your help - now all works very fine !!
Have a nice day !
Esteban