Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Function Issue - No Accordian Effect

14 years 11 months ago #362 by dharbottle
Hi,

I have worked my way through the forums, but can't seem to find the solution here.

The component installed fine and setup okay. Displaying FAQ's but they do not collapse in the accordian effect. mootools.js is in the media/system/js directory.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #366 by douglas
Dear Dan,

Can you provide a URL so I can take a look at your website?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #379 by dharbottle

14 years 11 months ago #380 by douglas
Dear Dan,

You have a couple issues there:
1- MooTools is not loading;
2- Your template is trying to load its own version of MooTools (/templates/theme284/scripts/mootools.js). It is recommended that you use Joomla's default MooTools files in order to void compatibility issues;

Have you created this template? Is it commercial? I suggest you contact the template developer to make it load the mooltools files.

If you need any further help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #381 by dharbottle
I thought it might have been that, just hadn't gotten around to dropping that bit out of the index.php code.

Works fine now using default MooTools

Regards

14 years 10 months ago #478 by cristiancisa
Hello,

I have the same problem. I've checked, and I have mootools.js in media/system/js folder.
But I'm not a pro, and I don't know how to ckech if it is loading properly.

Could you please give me some advice ?

My URL is:

www.sunergygroup.net/index.php...view=category&id=27&Itemid=146

Thanks in advance,

Cristian

14 years 10 months ago #479 by douglas
Dear Cristian,

There are two possible solutions:
1- Please try to disable akaJoomGallery, iti is loading a JQuery library and another Javascript file, which might be causing this.
2- If don't need all other views of MooFAQ you can go to it's menu item and change the Slider Type to Custom.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #484 by cristiancisa
Thanks for your answer.
Solution 1 did work, I guess there won't be any way to make MooFAQ and akaJoomGallery work together, a pity 'cos I love akaJoomGallery. Considering they are on different sections of the web, and never on the same page, is there a way to make them both work ?
Or, does anybody know a gallery plugin similar to akaJoom ?

Solution 2 didn't work, anyway, the "expand all / collapse all" is not an interesting solution for me.

Thanks

14 years 10 months ago #485 by douglas
Dear Cristian,

We can try to prevent the gallery plugin to load when MooFAQ is loaded.
Is this plugin free and open source? Does it's license allow me to change it?

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #487 by cristiancisa
The plugin is free, but I can't see anything about its license...
This is the URL:
amiworks.co.in/talk/akjoomgallery/

Thanks

14 years 10 months ago #490 by douglas
Dear Cristian,

I was trying to create something much more complex and I ended up creating a very simple fix.
If there is no {akgallery} tag in the content items no akgallery javascript or css files will be loaded. You should contact the author to include this fix in his next release.

Unpack the file attached and upload to
[joomla]/plugins/content/

Regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 10 months ago #491 by cristiancisa
Wow, thanks a lot !!! Great work !!

It now works perfect. I had read in extensions.joomla.org/ that the support here was great, but "fixing" a third party plugin is much more than I expected. Thanks a lot again.