Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

I need help with ...

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #617 by baparks
MooFAQ. It doesn't seem to work for me at all. I get no accordion effect. Can you assist?
Here's the url:
webxotic-designs.com/index.php...nt&view=section&id=3&Itemid=41

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #618 by douglas
Dear Brian,

Of course I can help you! :)

Have you tried a different slider?

Usually this is cause by a Javascript incompatibility. Just for testing purposes, can you disable this slider module that you have installed?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #619 by baparks
Thanks for the quick reply but can you be more specific? I don't have another "slider" module installed.
Am I missing something here?

14 years 11 months ago #620 by baparks
OK. I think I'm following.
I went to Extension Manages and disables the mooFAQ component and absolutely nothing happened. WHich I'm sure is what you expected. :)
Whats my next step?

14 years 11 months ago #633 by douglas
Dear Brian,

First of all I want to apologize for the delayed reply. I guess we are in very different timezones.

Second, I guess I wasn't very clear.
Your template is loading a image slider module and a javascript file: webxotic-designs.com/templates/theme261/scripts/slider.js
Can you disable that module so we can make sure it is not a Javascript incompatibility problem?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #634 by baparks
About the delay... no problem, it's understandable. I was up Waaaaay past my bedtime anyway.
Had a question about how you disable the javascript. Found a plugin that help me do just that. (JavaScript Control)
Disabled Captions.js. Left the Mootools.js enabled.
No change
reversed above
no change.
Is there another way to do it?

14 years 11 months ago #635 by douglas
Dear Brian,

I just noticed that your template is loading it's own version of MooTools.
Is that optional? Can you disable it?
Is this a free or commercial template?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #636 by baparks
As usual (with a newbie) I need more details. Would it help if I gave you access to the backend?

14 years 11 months ago #637 by douglas
Dear Brian,

Yes, it could help. You can create an administrator account and send the details using this form: ideal.fok.com.br/contact/support-center.html

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #638 by baparks
Done you should have the email.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!

14 years 11 months ago #639 by douglas
Dear Brian,

Your template was loading Mootools version 1.2.1 and Joomla default MooTools is 1.1. Joomla will migrate to MooTools 1.2 in it's next version release (1.6) and then I'll upgrade my script to work with MooTools 1.2 as well.
Your template was also cleaning the headers so all javascript and CSS files loaded by the framework (Joomla) were not been loaded.

I commented lines 23,24,25,27,28 from your template's index.php file.

Regards,

12 years 11 months ago #7330 by baparks
OK so it's been a whole year since I've revisited the forums but I wanted to sincerely thank you for your assistance and the wonderful products and support you continue to offer.

I continue to recommend you simply BECAUSE of the quality of product but MOSTLY for the extra effort you put into helping make sure our FINISHED products are the best they can be.

I wish you much success and blessing enough to continue to share.