Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Changing Style / Accordian Effect

14 years 8 months ago #735 by liveconnections
I'm relatively new to Joomla, so its quite possible that I've missed something basic, but as far as I can tell, we have installed moofaq correctly. We've created a Menu item and subsequently created an article for one of our FAQ's & linked it to the FAQ menu.

Have then selected which of the existing articles the FAQ menu should appear on, and it does appear. However, when we click on the item it opens as a "new article" rather than expanding like the demo.

Link to the page is here:
client.liveconnections.co.uk/i...t&view=article&id=57&Itemid=67

I've read another post which is sort of the same issue, but as we're using the included template and not using any of the components mentioned (to the best of my knowledge), don't see how this can be an identical issue!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #739 by douglas
Dear Plewis,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply!

The link that you sent does not point to a MooFAQ menu item.
It should have the option pointing to com_moofaq instead of com_content.
Please make sure that you've created a correct MooFAQ menu item.

Regards,

14 years 8 months ago #743 by liveconnections
OK - thanks for that.

Have now realised that we needed to first create the articles and assign them to a specific Category before trying to setup the Moofaq Menu item.

Having done this, the style is working correctly:
client.liveconnections.co.uk/i...&view=category&id=38&Itemid=81

But, it does mean that the FAQ's have a page of their own, whereas we were hoping to locate the FAQs underneath an existing article, rather than then having a link to the FAQ page - is this possible? I had initially thought that the 1st demo page of Moofaq had the same setup, but maybe this isn't the case?

14 years 8 months ago #744 by douglas
Dear Plewis,

This isn't the case. In order to do this it would require a plugin. I can develop a plugin, however I'm very busy lately finishing Contact Enhanced new version an other work that I've been doing.

Please add a post to our Feature Request forum, this way I'll keep that in mind. :)
ideal.fok.com.br/component/opt...Itemid,4/catid,6/func,showcat/

Regards,