Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

MooFAQ - Issue using Joomfish

14 years 8 months ago #778 by hmstylez
Hi there,

Thank you for the terrific product...MooFAQ works great!

I have encountered one issue though...the English version of my FAQs works great, however when i display the French version using Joomfish, a few things happen:

1. The order of the questions becomes reversed.
2. Expand all/collapse all functionality disappears.
3. Whenever I click on the menu links for the French version, I get a 404 page not found error.

The translations themselves are coming through fine. Is there a setting I need to adjust or some documentation I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #779 by douglas
Dear Hanif,

I've just tested and everything works fine.
Are you translating the menu item?
are you using any SEF extension?

Regards,

14 years 8 months ago #780 by hmstylez
Thank you for the quicky reply :)

I'm not using any SEF extensions.

I have translated the menu items... however, under "Parameters - URL", which article should I be linking to? I've currently picked the first article (i.e. the first FAQ question). This has stopped the page from breaking.

I've emailed you a link so you can see what the FAQ looks like and the problem I'm having. Please click on Francais and you'll see the order change. Then when you click on FAQ in either of the menus, it directs you only to the first article/question.

Thanks again for your help!

14 years 8 months ago #781 by douglas
Dear Hanif,

Are you using the latest JoomFish version?
1- In the articles URL, you just copy the URL used in the English version.
2- In the menu parameter translation set the order to "Title (Alphabetically)"

After that is done it should work correctly.

Best regards,

14 years 8 months ago #782 by hmstylez
Hi Douglas,

I've tried all of your suggestions and the issues are still not resolved. Do you have any other ideas on information I can give you that may help resolve the issues? I'm totally at a loss.

Hanif

14 years 8 months ago #783 by hmstylez
Hi Douglas,

I figured it out! At the bottom of the menu translation page, there's a copy button next to the link. Once clicked, it allows you to edit the fields as required. That's the part I was missing.

Thank you very much for all of your help!

Hanif

14 years 8 months ago #784 by hmstylez
Sorry, one last question... where can I translate the "Expand All/Collapse All"?

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #785 by douglas
Dear Hanif,

I'm sorry for the delay! I went to the hospital to visit a friend.
I'm glad that you've figure it out.

For the translation please upload the file attached to [Joomla]/language/en-GB/, translate it to your language and upload to [Joomla]/language/en-GB/ [your-Language-code]/

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 8 months ago #792 by hmstylez
Awesome. Everything works great now! Thank you so much!

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #799 by douglas
Dear Hanif,

I'm glad it is working! :)

Warm regards,