Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

MooFAQ uses own article view?

12 years 7 months ago #8660 by Bakual
Hi Douglas

If I got it right, when I click the "read more" link in a FAQ entry, it goes to a MooFAQ own article view.
I was just wondering if there is any reason for this. I would have expected that it goes to the core content article view instead. That would probably be less work for you and better fit with the various templates, which often override this view. It would also take care of the global settings from the content component, which your view does not.

Just being curious B)

Greetings
Thomas

SermonSpeaker running on Joomla 1.7.2, PHP 5.2.11 and Linux Apache.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #8661 by douglas
Dear Thomas,

In Joomla 1.5 MooFAQ used to use Joomla core content component in order to display the articles, however some users had problems with it. Back then the Articles would take all the configuration from Joomla Content component and these users want to control the icons (edit, print, ...), display date and written names separately, then I decided to let MooFAQ manage the FAQ articles;

I've been working on a way to make this optional for a few hours now, however it is not working correctly when Joomla SEF is enabled, so I had to stop to work on this for now because it is almost Sabbath.

I'll get back to this next week, but it seems that Joomla 1.7 doe snot let me accomplish this anymore.

PS: I'll reply to your other post in a few minutes.

Best regards

12 years 7 months ago #8662 by Bakual
Maybe I can have a look at it as well and see if I can figure out something. Will see what my time schedule says :)

Bessed Sabbath to you!

SermonSpeaker running on Joomla 1.7.2, PHP 5.2.11 and Linux Apache.