Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Related Articles (iRelated) displays related articles to Joomla articles. Quickly increase your readers' engagement with your articles by adding Ideal Related Articles inside your content.

Product Page

New features

9 years 2 months ago #18796 by ch2856
Hi,

I wonder if there is a plan to add two functions for Ideal Related Articles:

1. A related module.
2. Related by tags for joomla 3.X.

These two features will make it a perfect related articles.

Thanks,
Ran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #18805 by douglas
Dear Ran,

I'm working on a new version with those two new features for you.

Best regards,

9 years 2 months ago #18806 by ch2856
Thanks,

That would be great.

9 years 2 months ago #18814 by douglas
Dear Ran,

I've just created a new package for you with both new features. You can download it from My Account -> My Downloads;

Have a blessed weekend,

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #18815 by ch2856
Oh, sorry. Forgot to place my domain in both boxes.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #18816 by ch2856
Hi Douglas,

First, thanks a lot for the quick work.

Two issues (well one issue one request).
1. The module dose not take in to account the #Articles to list, no matter what number I choose.
2. Is there a way to make it more accurate? for example if I have items which have 2 related tags they will be chosen first before items with just 1 related tag?

Thanks,
Ran

9 years 2 months ago #18817 by douglas
Dear Ran,

1. I've just sent the fix to your email address, but GMail returned it. Complained it isn't a valid email address. Anyway, I've just created a new package and included the fix in this new version which you can download from the website.

2. It's possible, however I cannot think of an easy way to accomplish that. All ways I can think of right now would require at least one more SQL query and more PHP loops which would downgrade your website speed.
What I usually do in my websites is order by ID descending, so the newest ones will load first. I know it's not even close to what you've asked, however at least I show the newest items to the user.

Best regards,

9 years 2 months ago #18818 by ch2856
Hi Douglas,

1. Thanks for the quick fix, I have uploaded the module v3.3.5 and it's work fine now. (there is a small issue, when you chose mixed mode, it double the number of items you chose 4=8 for example).

2. I know, I thought about it as well yesterday and it's not a good idea to place more load on the site. I think the right way to do it, without taking more load on the site, it's to scan the site in advance at the back-end and place the related article results in the DB. To update the results it can have a weekly auto scan function or just in a manual mode.

Any way, there is always the manual mode and after all, it's not a bad thing after all to have related articles in a verity of subjects.

Take care,
Ran

9 years 2 months ago #18819 by douglas
Dear Ran,

I've just sent the fix to your email address and I'll update the download package in a few minutes.

Have a blessed week,

9 years 2 months ago #18820 by ch2856
As always, thanks for the fine work.