Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Store Locator Plugin (iStoreLocator) works with Google Maps API which allows your website visitors to easily locate stores/contacts on the map.

Product Page

Two Questions: Feature & "Enter Your Location" with Zip

2 years 1 month ago #26046 by skilcher
Hi,

1: Feature for a Contractor: How does this work and can the feature contractor be listed on the list?

2: Is there a ability to enter a ZIP Code into the "Enter Your Location" field and hit the Enter key to do a search?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #26047 by support
Dear skilcher,

1. I'm not sure what you mean.

2. One of Ideal Store Locator features is to provide driving directions, right on your page, therefore we always need an address. However, you can search for a zip code, but you'll have to select one of the addresses from the list using the mouse or arrow keys before pressing Enter.
Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #26048 by skilcher
Hi,

I apologize for being clear on #2.

#1: My clients want to be able to put their #1 fence contractor on top of the listing. I figured that indicating a contractor as a Feature, that would do it, but that doesn't seem to work. I advised them that your plugin doesn't work that way as it works by distance from the user's current location. Is this something that can be done?

#2: I see. I know by using similar tools on various website, you're able to put in a zip code only and is enough to show locations. Perhaps this could added in a future update? I was told my client and his wife were trying to put in a zip code only and were disappointed it didn't work that way... Here's an example:

www.smartstyle.com/en-us/salon-locator.html

Thank you

2 years 1 month ago #26049 by support
Dear skilcher,

#1: No one has ever asked me for this feature... I've implemented it for you and I'll send a file to your email in a couple of minutes. This feature will be included in future releases of Ideal Store Locator plugin.

#2: You can enter the zip code, but you'll just have to select one of the suggested addresses from the list.
Especially when dealing with US 5 digit zip code, there's no way to be slightly accurate when displaying the pin on the map and the distance.

Best regards,

2 years 1 month ago #26050 by skilcher
Hi,

Thank you for the update. The featured works as it should. Very impressed. Thank you for that.

As for the #2, it's a shame the search by zip code cannot be implemented. I can say for myself, I use the zip code a lot because there are so many technologies that track us and know where we are at all time, I try to be autonomous as possible. As for exact distance, I'm not concerned with that when I do my initial search. If there is a location I would pursue, I would then put my exact location in their site or in Google Maps. Of course, I realize that statement negates what I stated above, but there is really nothing one can do about that... Hopefully more would request this search by Zip.

Anyhow, thanks for the Featured update. That is awesome!

Best Regards