Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× This Captcha plugin works with any Joomla extension capable of using the Joomla core captcha plugin system. It generates complex images and CAPTCHA codes (including math problems) to protect forms from spam and abuse.

Product Page

SecurImage Captcha on SSL secured site?

8 years 6 months ago #20408 by PhoenixUK
Hi There,

I'm looking for some guidance in to a problem I've had for a while with my website, that seems to 'possibly' point to being caused by SecurImage captcha plugin;

I posted my problem, as it was more generic to joomla I thought at the time and it went a little something like this;

I'm now after trying to solve SSL pains in the ass that affect my Joomla site and try to "understand" how I can rid FF of the 'Insecure Items' warning.

My website www.isknow.how is secured nearly but not fully... if I run the homepage through www.whynopadlock.com/check.php

It's saying i have a non https:// somewhere in the page. So I've viewed source and ctrl F to find 'isknow.how' references and it found 37. Of those 37 NONE have http:// and all have https://

The only http:// references in my homepage are;

Line 570: <section class="blog-featured sep13-home" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Blog ">

Line 576: <article class="item column-1" itemprop="blogPost" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/BlogPosting ">

Line 625: <article class="item column-1" itemprop="blogPost" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/BlogPosting ">

Line 674: <article class="item column-1" itemprop="blogPost" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/BlogPosting ">

Now I have no idea but are the above http:// supposed to be https:// too? If so, why haven't they been automatically turned into https:// like everything else has?

I've got $live_site = ' www.isknow.how '; set correctly, so it can't be losing out in that way.

I'm baffled but of course, I want and need to understand why and then rid the 'insecure content' warnings in FF.

However, somebody replied in the Joomla FB group and started to hunt a little and came up with the following;

FB User - ok, took awhile, but here it is (I think) just to try my suspicion out, disable the "SecurImage" plugin ... it looks like it is redirecting some SWF file from https:// to http:// in the background.
Me - You absolute legend!!! I disable it and I get the full green padlock with NO insecure content warning. I'm contacting the developer now for a temporary fix off them and then hopefully they will allow for SSL sites in their future update of their plugin. smile emoticon Thank you muchly.

So I disabled your plugin, emptied cache n cookies and reloaded my website and this is the result with FF;

I have only disabled the SecurImage captcha and nothing else, even re-enabled it and reloaded my site and the insecure content warning comes back in the address bar, instead of the full secure padlock.

Is it possible for you to hunt down this issue, so I can use SecurImage confidently going forward, without it rendering the insecure content warnings, it would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #20409 by support
Dear PhoenixUK,

That's odd I use SecurImage on this very site ( idealextensions.com/support/contact.html ) and I don't have this problem.

Are you using the latest SecurImage plugin version?

Best regards,

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #20410 by PhoenixUK
Hi There,

I believe so, it's the 3.4.3 version of your plugin which I've just downloaded again and checked the xml file which says 2nd July 2015 and this is what is installed on my site;

Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #20411 by support
Dear PhoenixUK,

I have sent you a new file. Please update and let me know if the problem persits.

Best wishes,

8 years 6 months ago #20412 by PhoenixUK
Hi,

Thanks for that, although may I ask where you've sent the file to - as I've checked my account here and there's no messaging system personal wise, I haven't received an email... please clarify - or is it simply in the normal download area within my account, just an updated version you speak of... I will look there now.

Regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20413 by support
Dear PhoenixUK,

That's odd. I have sent the email to the same email you've entered in your forum account.

I'll update the file in the download area in a couple of hours.

Best regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20414 by PhoenixUK
Hi,

I don't know what's happened then, I am still getting emails through to that account - probably just stuck between our respective postperson ;)

Ok, just update this topic for me, once you've updated the file in the download area and I will get straight on to it and see if it solves the issue or if it's still there and we can investigate further at that point.

In the meantime, should the email arrive I will let you know in here too.

Regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20415 by support
Dear PhoenixUK,

I have updated the zip file for the download.

Let me know if the problem persists,

Best regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20418 by PhoenixUK
Hi There,

I installed the new download area version, published the plugin and refreshed my site in my FF browser and BOOM, the 'insecure content' warning has come straight back... nothing else has being changed or amended on my site prior to installing this newer version you have provided.

I will leave the plugin activated, so you can hopefully go over to my site and see if you can make sense of it at your end.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20420 by PhoenixUK

support wrote: Dear PhoenixUK,

I have updated the zip file for the download.

Let me know if the problem persists,

Best regards,

Hi There,

Have you had a chance at all, to look in to this further please?

Regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20421 by support
Dear PhoenixUK,

I'm sorry about the delayed reply. I've uploaded a new version last night, but I guess I forgot to notify you about it.

I couldn't reproduce the error locally, but I hope the latest version fixes this issue.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards,

8 years 6 months ago #20423 by PhoenixUK

support wrote: Dear PhoenixUK,

I'm sorry about the delayed reply. I've uploaded a new version last night, but I guess I forgot to notify you about it.

I couldn't reproduce the error locally, but I hope the latest version fixes this issue.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards,

Hi There,

If you're on about the version I speak about in this reply here: here... then I've already done it and mention in this previous reply, that it hasn't helped and as soon as I published the updated plugin, cleared cache n cookies both backend and front-end (browser) the 'Insecure Content' warning appeared stragith back.

I also said that I would leave the plugin enabled, so you can go over to my site and try and have a look via FF or Chrome Console etc.

Let me know how you get on please.

Regards,