Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Testing Contact Enhanced Alpha & Beta for Joomla 4

2 years 2 months ago #25984 by mickelb
This sounds promising as I am also keen to get CE Pro for Joomla 4 so that I can complete the build.

A useful mod would be the option to add a contact to mulitple categories.

Will the updated version include iStorelocator?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #25985 by support
Dear mickelb,

Contact in Multiple Categories is a planned feature for version 4.1, maybe earlier; For this version, we're adding Form Fields to multiple Categories, so we already have the technical know-how. ;-)

For the Alpha release in the next 2 weeks, iStorelocator will not be included, but it will be in the stable release.

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: djmelville

2 years 2 months ago #25986 by mickelb
Sounds good. Hopefully see something soon.
Will it be possible to export contacts and categories from the current version and import to the J4 version?

2 years 2 months ago #25987 by support

mickelb wrote: A useful mod would be the option to add a contact to mulitple categories.

I was studying the possibility to include this feature in this next release. However, this will be complicated to accomplish.
We can have Form Fields across several categories and each field might be assigned to multiple categories. Right now the Form Fields will load depending on which Category the Contact is assigned to.

Let's say I have a contact in categories A, B and C, which Form Fields will be loaded for the contact? Fields for Category A, B or C?
I cannot load all of them because (1) it might not make sense to all of them together and (2) the fields from different categories may have the same alias and the alias cannot be duplicated in the form.

I've thought about only one solution for this, but it will make Contact Enhanced more complex, harder to use, and delay even more the 4.0 release.

I'll keep this in mind, but I'm not sure this feature will be included anytime soon. :(

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,

2 years 2 months ago #25989 by mickelb
If the Contact is in, say, two categories and each entry is in a different menu wouldn't it be possible to select hide or show the custom fields diffently for each Menu Contact Display Options - as I can now for the Extra Fields in the current version?

If that isn't possible then so long as there is a save as copy or duplicate option I have the flexibility.

You didn't say if contacts and categories can be exported from the current version to the new version.

2 years 2 months ago #25996 by support
Greetings,

We've been working non-stop to rewrite Contact Enhanced. While rewriting we are thinking about new features to be implemented. Some of these new features we are implementing right away because it would require a lot of extra work to add once our clients start using the new version, but some we'll add later on. For example, we changed how Email templates work and now you will be able to add translation to your email templates, instead of creating new ones. This will make it much easier to manage multi-lingual email templates and thank you pages.

@mickelb: We are right now working on the Admin > Tools features and we'll add the option to Import and Export Contacts in order to make the upgrade process easier (in case you are creating a new Joomla 4 website instead of migrating it).

Next week we'll also implement and test the migration script extensively in order to make sure you'll be able to migrate Contact Enhanced to Joomla 4 without errors.

We are working hard to release Contact Enhanced to you by next Friday (February 18).

As for the option to assign Contacts to Multiple Categories, we are still thinking about how to implement this feature.

Have a blessed weekend.

Best regards,

2 years 2 months ago #25997 by mickelb
Douglas,

This is promisingh news. I look forward to trying it out in test environment.

2 years 2 months ago #26008 by support
Greetings,

I've released a Contact Enhanced 4.0 Alpha 1 version. It's located in the download file from our website.

@mickelb, We didn't finish the migration script yet, but you can export your current contacts in your Joomla 3 and then import to Contact Enhanced 4.0.

We are planning to release a new Alpha version every Monday night until the Beta version is ready, beginning on February 28.

Road map for next week:
Complete migrating/rewriting the remaining form fields:
- Newsletter integrations
- Multi-page/pagination forms
- Password
- Password Verify
- Select Email Recipient

Have a blessed weekend.

2 years 2 months ago #26011 by yosh
I tried to install the 4.0 alpha version on a Joomla 4.1.0 site and was unable to install the package. This is what I get:

Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #26012 by support
Dear Yosh,

Which database and version are you using?

Best regards,

2 years 2 months ago #26013 by mickelb
I have exactly the same error messages.
On a Ubuntu Linux Server 20.04.3:
Joomla 4.1.0
PHP8.1.2
MySql 8.0.28

2 years 2 months ago #26023 by yosh
I'm running on a standard MySQL 5.7 database on a shared hosting.