Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Testing Contact Enhanced Alpha & Beta for Joomla 4

2 years 2 weeks ago #26126 by support
Regarding the previous comments:
Do you mean the icons for the Position and Department only? Those two contact information do not have an icon.
I've found the cause of the Position not showing in the module. It's solved
As for the "title being clipped", I would need access to your page, so I can understand why this is happening.
The option to add images to any content editor depends on the content editor and its plugins. See the attachment to check out how it's done in Joomla 4.0 default editor.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 week ago #26127 by support
I've increased the precision field for the latitude and longitude in order to avoid this issue you're having. Please run this SQL statement, just replace #__ with your Joomla Database table prefix
ALTER TABLE `#__ce_contacts` CHANGE `lat` `lat` FLOAT(13,10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.0000000', CHANGE `lng` `lng` FLOAT(13,10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.0000000';

I couldn't reproduce the issue with the Locate in map feature. Is there any error in the browser's console? I might need access to your site, so I can understand what's happening.

I'm creating a new package right now, it will take a couple of hours for testing before I can release it.

Best regards,

2 years 1 week ago #26128 by mickelb
I suspect the Locate in Map Issue is becuse I'm using a test siet and the Google API isn't linked to a payment card. The sooner you can add OpenStreetMap as an option the better. I am trying to keep any Google additions to the new website at an absolute minimum - none at all if possible as they are geeting far too powerful.

I'll look into the editor settings.

Noted on Position and Department not having Icons. It woul dbe very useful to be able to edit the text font, size and colour for these titles though. Is it possible through a Language Override to change "Position" to something else?

I wil set up an account for you to look into the top margin positions and email the details.

2 years 1 week ago #26129 by mickelb
Editor image source issue resolved by using JCE rather than TinyMCE.

The clipped title resolved by customising the content template positon so that it starts below the menu header. Your Admin account now disabled.

I see there is an OpenStreetMap .de and .fr Leaflet option in Alpha9 but when selected it doesn't display anything. Is this work in progress?

2 years 1 week ago #26130 by support
The default method to override language strings is using System → Manage Panel → Language Overrides.

I've created an option to quickly translate or change the Contact information labels in the Contact, Category, and Categories menu items. See screenshot attached and read this article .

As for the styling, you can create a custom.css file and upload it to /media/com_contactenhanced/css/custom.css. Contact Enhanced will only load this file in case it exists and it will not be overridden when Contact Enhanced is updated in the future. For example:
Ony the position field
dl.contact-position dt {
    color: #30638d;
    font-size: 110%;
}
OR all field labels
.com-contactenhanced dt {
    color: #555;
}

As for the Leaflet maps using OpenStreetMap, it should already be working for Contact Enhanced 4.0 as well. It is not available for iStoreLocator System Plugin yet.

Did you run the SQL statements I provided earlier? Did it fix the issue you were having?

Best regards,
Attachments:

2 years 1 week ago #26131 by mickelb
Thanks for the update.

I have run the SQL but although it has added a default value to lat and lng of 0.0000000 I still get "Save failed with the following error: Data truncated for column 'lat' at row 1" if I add a new contcat but only fill in the New Contact info and do not set any Lat or Long in the Map info. Also the Lat and Long are blank still despite running the SQL. Annoying, especially if I don't want a map on that contact's page.

2 years 1 week ago #26134 by support
Greetings,

I was able to reproduce this issue and solve it. It will be fixed in the next release.

I'm working on the Contact front-end edit and I'll release a new and final Alpha version tomorrow.

Thank you for your help testing.

Best regards,

2 years 6 days ago #26139 by support
Contact Enhanced Updated! ;-)

2 years 2 days ago #26140 by mickelb
Beta 1 - the basic functions I use work satisfactorily, i.e I can set up a contact, display it, display category lists. I haven't tried emailing from a contact form as I have only used the Beta version on a test server.

Does the Beta version overwrite and update the Alpha10 version files or do all Alpha 10 components have to be deleted first?

With OpenStreetMap code is there any way to set the default lat and long, or even just a default Country?

Any news on iStoreLocator component? Will it work with OpenStreetMap?

Thanks

2 years 1 day ago #26141 by support
Dear mickelb,

The Beta version overrides all other files and just updates the database changes.

The latitude and longitude are based on the contact's address, therefore there is no default location for contacts, regardless if you are using Google Maps or OpenStreetMap.

I've checked and it will require a lot of work to implement iStoreLocator compatibility with OpenStreetMap. I'm not yet sure whether I'll create a new plugin or just add the OpenStreetMap feature to iStoreLocator. Regardless, it will still take at least another month before I can start working on it.

Best regards,

2 years 8 hours ago #26142 by mickelb
It is a shame that the iStorelocator component for Joomla 4 is this far off.
I have therefore started to look at using iStorelocator plugin installed with CE Beta1. If I place this code in an article:
{istorelocator height=|600| firstload-limit=|9999| firstload-maxdistance=|123456| firstload-loadall=|1|source=|com_contactenhanced| category=|41|}
I was expecting to get a map with markers showing the locations of contacts in Category ID 41. If that is correct there is a problem as no matter what category ID I use it only shows the same map for the first category listed (ID 40).

Am I misinterpreting the plugin code?

2 years 4 hours ago #26143 by mickelb
I've played around with the code and now got it to work by changing the map style in the plugin. I also added zoom=|10| to the line of code. It doesn't set a sensible zoom level without this.