Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Testing Contact Enhanced Alpha & Beta for Joomla 4

2 years 1 month ago #26103 by mickelb
Still Alpha 8: Trying to use a Menu item instead of the Module to list contacts in a category results in a 404 error "Category Not Found".

If displaying a list of contacts in a category displays in a table then I wouldn't use the Module and wouldn;t need a table display option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 weeks ago #26107 by support
Dear mickelb,

Thank you for testing Contact Enhanced Alpha. This helps a lot. Sometimes one change breaks another part of the software that we are not aware of. Also, Joomla core updates might cause issues. This is what happened to the Contact Category Menu item.

Locate in Map is working properly here. I just tested on a clean Jooma! 4 installation. See screencast

Module Contact Enhanced Category:
- Category Filter is fixed and will be available in the next release
- CSS Icons: You have to set the Contact Icons to CSS Icons under the Display Options tab (module configuration page)
- Icons: Contact Enhanced uses CSS Icons by default, but it lets you configure Icon Images if you want to. First, you need to go to Components > Contact Enhanced > Options, and under the Icons tab set your own icons for each field; Then you have to set the Contact Icons to Icons in the Module configuration page.
- Bootstrap Size: it's part of the Joomla Framework and the template is the one that uses this parameter. As far as I can see only the back-end template uses it, so I'm going to make sure this option will be hidden.
- Language Override: I couldn't reproduce this issue, but for the next version I have changed a few language strings and it might have solved this issue.
- I'm not sure what you mean by "Adjust the size of the titles for the information, e.g. Phone, Mobile". Can you please take a screenshot? Most Styling changes have to be done via CSS. I can add a Custom CSS field to this module if you need it.
- The Layout should only have the default, which now is the thumbnail. This is a leftover of an older installation. I've created a table Layout for you. Were you referring to the Table layout in the module, right? If it was in the Menu view, you have to create a Contact Enhanced > "List Contacts in a Category" menu item.
- In order to improve compatibility with smaller screen devices, we've reduced the number of columns in all front-end tables. There's now a Contact Details column where most of the Contact information will be displayed.
- I've created the option to resize and crop the images in the Component Category View and in the Contact Category module as well
- What do you mean by contact "tile", do you mean "title"? Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by:

I need to be able to adjust where the contact tile is displayed from the top of the page as in the template I use it is partially hidden behind the header.

I've created a new feature for you which will be included in the next release, all CSS customization to Contact Enhanced Component views can be done in the /media/com_contactenhanced/css/custom.css
I believe this will help you to accomplish your styling requirements.
I've also added a Custom CSS field to the Module Advanced Parameters.
- I've fixed the Category Not Found problem in the Menu item

I'll work continue working on it today and a new alpha will be released tomorrow afternoon.

Best regards,

2 years 3 weeks ago #26110 by support
Greetings,

I just released a new Alpha Package.

I wasn't able to finish all plugins due to the issues @mickelb brought to my attention, which were fixed.

- In Joomla! 4 the Action Log Plugin plugin is no longer needed. We've implemented an integration with the Action Logs component and the Action Logs will work in all Contact Enhanced Versions (Lite, Plus, and Pro).
- The Contact Enhanced Cron Plugin is now working for Joomla 4 and it's included in this release.

Just before creating a new package, I noticed the Contact Tags are not saving... I'll work on that next week.

Thank you for testing.

Have a blessed weekend.

2 years 3 weeks ago #26111 by mickelb
Thanks for the progress.

Alpha 9 so far:

I can't get Icons to show even though I have these settings:
Contact Enhanced Manager Options> Icons> Settings> CSS Icons
Modules: Contact Enhanced > Contacts> Contact Enhanced Category>Contact Icons> CSS Icons

With Display options set to show various fields they are not being displayed, e.g. Position.

Yes I meant Title and not Tile. It would be useful to have easy control of text sizes, e.g. Mobile in this screenshot:

Image resizing doesn't work in default display. In table display the image shows as a thumb which is correct.

That's all for now.

2 years 3 weeks ago #26112 by mickelb
Alpha9:

I still get the error: Save failed with the following error: Data truncated for column 'lat' at row 1 and Locate in Map still doesn't work.

The error occurs under these circumstances:
1) Add New Contact
2) Enter basic details including Position, Email and Address.
3) Go to Map:

4) Click Locate in Map - nothing happens
5) Click Save or Save and Close and I get the error.

2 years 3 weeks ago #26113 by support
Dear mickelb,

Did you uninstall the previous Alpha prior to installing the new version?

Best regards,

2 years 3 weeks ago #26114 by mickelb
No, because that means I lose everything I have set up for testing.

2 years 3 weeks ago #26115 by mickelb
I have uninstalled all components other than ContactEnhancedPro as I get this error:

2 years 3 weeks ago #26116 by mickelb
Alpha 9 after deleting earlier Alpha Version (other than the one above) Contact still not Locating in Map from the address. Error "Data truncated for column 'lat' at row 1" appears to be fixed.

2 years 3 weeks ago #26117 by mickelb
I spoke too soon. Error "Data truncated for column 'lat' at row 1" still there. It occurs when a new contcat is added and the Lat and Long fields for the Map are blank by default.

There is a page layout error in Admin when moving from Map to Miscellaneous Info for a new contact:

Scroll up resolves this but with no editing tool icons. Click on the three dots and the icons appear:
With the default editor, the add/edit image is unfriendly:

Can this be changed so that it lists images and folders in Media so that the required image can be selected and inserted - as other componenst do.

Displaying the contacts in a table from the module still not showing all the fields set to show, e.g. Position.

I need to be able to show some fields in the table but not in the contact form itself, e.g. I want Position in the Table but not in the Contact display itself.

I mentioned before that opening a contact from the link in the table results in the Title being clipped:

Being able to set the top margin should work.

Still no Icons.

2 years 2 weeks ago #26120 by mickelb
Any progress and launch plan update?

2 years 2 weeks ago #26123 by support
Dear mickelb,

I'm working on it. I wasn't able to create a new package last Friday, but I'll create one this week. Hopefully, it will be the last Alpha release.

I still have to address a couple of the requests from your previous email.

In the last 3 days, I've upgraded and tested Contact Enhanced CE Feedback plugin in different templates. I've decided to add a few more features in order to avoid the need to install another extension if you wish to display more links. For example, now you can easily display social links and any other links you wish. You'll be able to change the colors, links, labels and icons in the back-end.
See screencast

Best regards,