Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

"Wrong Validation Code" error in Safari and Chrome

13 years 11 months ago #3274 by kcronin13
Hi,

I've been getting reports from my clients that the email forms from Contact Enhanced aren't working properly.

I tried them myself and found that while they worked properly using Firefox and Internet Explorer, I keep getting a "wrong validation code" error using Safari and Google Chrome...

address is www.hdcsl.org

Any insight?

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #3279 by douglas
Dear Ken,

I'm sorry about the delayed reply. I'm a Sabbatarian, therefore I don't work on Saturdays.

Can you post a direct link? I could not find a Contact Enhanced form any where.

Sincere regards,

13 years 11 months ago #3281 by kcronin13
There are lots of contacts under "Our Team", but try this one (goes to me if it works)

www.hdcsl.org/board-of-trustee...lping-hands/35-ken-cronin.html

13 years 11 months ago #3282 by douglas
Dear Ken,

I've tested and it worked! :-)
However the Captcha SecurImage library is being deprecated, I left in the package because of the old versions of Contact Enhanced, please use the SecurImage 2 instead.

Sincere regards,

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3283 by kcronin13
Thanks, Douglas...but I switched over to SecurImage2 and am still getting the "wrong validation code" message each time i try to send a message using either Google Chrome or Safari...and now I get the same message using Firefox and IE as well :(

13 years 11 months ago #3284 by douglas
Dear Ken,

That's odd!
Which version of Contact Enhanced are you using?

If you are using an older version, please upgrade to the latest version.
In the latest version the Captcha plugin is installed automatically and it is a little bit different from the version available in the website.

Best regards,

13 years 11 months ago #3285 by kcronin13
just downloaded latest version and updated... SecureImage2 still doesn't work. switched over to math guard to test that... not happening at all...

13 years 11 months ago #3286 by douglas
Dear Ken,

I was just thinking and a few days back another customer complained about the same issue and he solved by switching to reCaptcha, saving the Captcha parameters and switching back to SecurImage2 again.

It did not make any sense to me, however it solved that issue for him. Can you please try the same?

If the problem persists, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincere regards,

13 years 11 months ago #3287 by kcronin13
nope...tried your suggestion...went to reCaptcha, entered my public and private keys, saved it... didn't work. switched back to secureimage2 - didn't work. Now it doesn't work in any browser...

so... I'm thinking... is it possible that there is a conflict with other components that are using reCaptcha on this site? but why would that affect secureimage2 and math guard?
Ken

13 years 11 months ago #3288 by douglas
Dear Ken,

No, it should not have any conflict.

Can you please provide a Super Administrator account so I can take a closer look?
I'd ask for an administrator account only, however Administrator cannot change Contact Enhanced's Parameters.

You can send the details using the Support -> Contact Form in the Menu item.

Sincere regards,

13 years 11 months ago #3289 by kcronin13
Done! Let me know what you find out...

Many thanks for your work on this!

Ken

13 years 11 months ago #3304 by mark.mckenzie
Hello

Did this get resolved? I have just had a complaint of the same error. We only upgraded a couple of weeks ago and it did work okay.

Regards

Mark