Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Redirecting 'Thank You' after a form submission?

13 years 2 months ago #5171 by coganoid
Is there any way to redirect the results page to a custom page I created in Joomla? I don't like or need my path in the address bar being so buried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #5176 by douglas
Dear Coganoid,

Sure there is! ;-)
In the Component Parameters set "Thank you message" to "Custom Redirect" and set "Custom Redirect" to the URL that you want to redirect to!

If you don't want to apply this redirection to all contacts, then you can make those changes to the Menu Item Parameters (Component).

It is that simple!

Best regards,

13 years 2 months ago #5181 by coganoid
I should point out that this is in Joomla 1.6 because I do not see the items you are referring to.

13 years 2 months ago #5184 by douglas
Dear Coganoid,

In the 1.6 version this is done in a per contact basis.
Go to Contact Enhanced -> Contacts, select your contact and under Contact Form slider set "Contact Redirect".

Best regards,

13 years 2 months ago #5190 by coganoid
I've set it there and under the menu options as well and it just refreshes the same page rather than going to my targeted page.

www.b2blaw.com.au/contact

Under the menu item it was in the 'mail options' slider. I set 'custom reply' to YES and 'contact redirect' to www.b2blaw.com.au/thank-you

13 years 2 months ago #5206 by douglas
Dear Coganoid,

I sent you a file to your email, please upload it to [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/controllers/

This should fix this problem.

All the best,

13 years 2 months ago #5349 by brunobo
Dear Douglas,

I'm from belgium and i have the same problem.
I want a thank you form but it doesn't works. I also did what was written in this topic.
Can you send me your controller form.

Best regards

13 years 2 months ago #5352 by douglas
Dear Bruno,

Please read the email that I just sent to you.

All the best,

13 years 1 week ago #6180 by lapawn
Hi there,

I also have the problem, that I want to redirect after each contact to different page. (For adwords conversion tracking)

I don't find a way to do that.

13 years 1 week ago #6183 by douglas
Dear Lapawn,

which version are you using?
In 1.6 you can find in the contact parameters (options).
In 1.5 I'll include this feature in a per contact feature tomorrow.

Best regards,

13 years 6 days ago #6185 by lapawn
Dear Douglas,

I am using 1.5.8.2 Version

If I chose one contact and change in the options the custom redirect, it changes for all contacts...

13 years 6 days ago #6188 by douglas
Dear Lapawn,

I'll create a new version tomorrow with this option for you.

You will just have to configure the redirect in Contact Enhanced -> Contacts, select the contact then set the redirect option under the "Advanced Parameters" slider;

Also, please remember that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a full backup first;

All the best,