Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Captcha and Extra Fields Issues

11 years 9 months ago #11943 by CHCG
After updating to the latest version of CE, I am experiencing two previously unseen issues, which I need help solving:

1. Captcha: The captcha image has disappeared.
2. Extra Field Labels: The labels for extra fields 1-3 are suddenly displayed. How do I get rid of them?

The issues can be seen at www.textillab.se (menu item "Kontakt"). The site runs on Joomla 2.5.6.

Hoping for your help with this. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #11944 by douglas
Dear CHCG,

1. The latest Contact Enhanced version is now compatible with Joomla core captcha plugin. Go to Components -> Contact Enhanced :: Options and under the "Contact Form" tab, if you set "Captcha Plugin (for Joomla!2.5+)" to "None Selected" it will use iCaptcha plugin, which needs to be enabled. If you set to "Use default" or to any other captcha it will use the captcha plugin configured in Joomla Global configuration;

2. In order to disable the Extra fields, in the Options under the "Single Contact" tab, set the Extra Fields options to Hide;

All the best,

11 years 9 months ago #11945 by CHCG
Hi and thanks Douglas,

following your advise, I've gotten the captcha issue solved, setting it to use ReCaptcha. The second issue (Extra Filed labels) however remains unsorted:

I have set all "Extra Fields" to hide in the "Single Contact" tab in options. Still, the form labels for Extra fields 1-3 turn up (as: COM_CONTACTENHANCED_EXTRA_FIELD_1:) How can I make that label disappear?

11 years 9 months ago #11947 by CHCG
Please receive screenshots of the fronend view and options settings to clarify my issue. Hope it helps to explain...
Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #11951 by douglas
Dear CHGG,

I could not reproduce this error locally.
Are you using the latest CE version?

Best regards,

11 years 9 months ago #11959 by CHCG
Yes, the issue occurred after updating to the latest version.

Christoffer

11 years 9 months ago #11962 by douglas
Dear Christoffer,

I see. Then it is probably because it is missing the language strings from the latest language files for Swedish.

If you want to completely remove the labels, please add the overrides below OR change   for the text that you want to display:
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_EXTRA_FIELD_1=" "
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_EXTRA_FIELD_2=" "
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_EXTRA_FIELD_3=" "

If you are not sure how to add language overrides, please read this tutorial:
www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/languge-manager/

All the best,

11 years 9 months ago #11965 by CHCG
Hi Douglas, again thanks!!! Your last advise almost solves the issue. However, the colon sign remains. How can I get rid of it?

11 years 9 months ago #11967 by douglas
I See.

I'll work on this...

11 years 9 months ago #11968 by douglas
Dear Christoffer,

I have implemented this for you.

Please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Options and set Extra Fields to Show, but hide labels;

All the best,

11 years 8 months ago #12009 by CHCG
Hi Douglas, thank you so much for dealing with my issue. I have followed your advise in your latest post and installed the files you sent by separate email. Still, the colons appear. ANy further ideas on how I can get rid of them?

Thank you very much for your assistance!

11 years 8 months ago #12011 by douglas
Dear Christoffer,

That's odd. It is working locally.
Did you set to Hide the Extra Field's Label In the Component Options?

If the problem persists, can you wait until Tuesday? I'll create a new package next week.

Best regards,