Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Javascript not enabled - mootools issue

13 years 2 days ago #6207 by ndbeurope1
Hi,
I purchased this module today (after successfully using an older version on a previous website). Good job. I do have an issue on several pages though.
The page with the issue
  • This redirects me to
      an ugly javascript error page - the message etc. send ok, but it's looks horrible
  • I can only see one instance of the mootools loading

I also have a contact form on this page:
The page that's working ok
- This one works fine and redirects as required.

I need to get the website up this week, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

I drink a lot of coffee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 days ago #6208 by douglas
Dear Matt,

Did you by any chance set "Use Ajax" to No in the Module parameters?

If you haven't:
Can you copy this module to the "right" position as well, so I can test it with JA Purity, just to make sure it is not a template issue:
www.ndb-europe.co.uk/V1/marine...-sky-sports?template=ja_purity

Best regards,

13 years 2 days ago #6209 by ndbeurope1
Thanks for the fast reply.

I have published the module to the "right" position.

I drink a lot of coffee

13 years 2 days ago #6210 by ndbeurope1
Hmmm.

Looks like a template issue.

I drink a lot of coffee

13 years 2 days ago #6211 by ndbeurope1
Do you have any suggestions about how I may be able to resolved this issue?

I drink a lot of coffee

13 years 2 days ago #6212 by douglas
Dear Matt,

I've been looking into the source code of your site and I'm not really sure what might be causing this issue.

I know it is a javascript thing, so I suggest you to try to disable a few things before we can actually blame the template.
Try to disable RokBox, then all gantry features, one by one.
Clear Joomla's and your browser's cache and test the module after each change.

Please let me know what you find out.

Best wishes,

13 years 2 days ago #6213 by ndbeurope1
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried a few things but can't seem to get it working correctly.
I've tried disabling rokbox (although this works with the ajax mod on the web design page).
I've tried disabling the menus (so that the page is standard with only the ajax mod on it), but still no luck.
I've even tried the 1.2.4 version of mootools (upgrade plugin enabled) but still no joy.

Always clearing my cache down before retrying something...

I'll continue to see whether I can find out what the issue is. Thanks for the quick response though.

I drink a lot of coffee

13 years 2 days ago #6214 by douglas
Dear Matt,

All JS files are encoded, which makes it harder to debug because i don' know what each script does.

Did try to disable:
www.ndb-europe.co.uk/V1/plugins/system/encrypt/encrypt.js
www.ndb-europe.co.uk/V1/templa...5/js/gantry-module-scroller.js
www.ndb-europe.co.uk/V1/templa...hyon_j15/js/gantry-pillanim.js

All the best,

13 years 1 day ago #6225 by ndbeurope1
Tried uninstalling the encrypt plugin and disabling the other two, bu you banana.
Is there a way of configuring the ajax module to redirect to a page, rather than just open the ugly window? I've tried playing around with the settings on the "ajax not working" section but nothing seems to be working for me!

FYI the website has now been moved to the root directory.to www.ndb-europe.co.uk

I drink a lot of coffee

12 years 11 months ago #6273 by yurikleb
I have almost the same issue that started happening yesterday on my website after I've put it online.
e-tct.co.il

was working on it in "site offline" mode and all worked fine
then yesterday when i was finished I changed the site offline option to "no"
and then started getting the Java Disabled page.
I turned the website to "offline" but then the form started showing the rotating progress wheel.
the website is back online at the moment and when you fill the for and press send you see the wheel instead of thank you message..

that's so wired, cause all worked perfectly until yesterday night.
tried clearing Joomla cache.. no help.
I'm using Joomla 1.5.22

12 years 11 months ago #6274 by douglas
Dear Yurikeb,

Ajax Contact uses MooTools to validate the form and to perform the AJAX calls;

MooTools is the Joomla default javascript library, therefore most templates use MooTools for their fancy things such as menus and slideshows; Your template or other extensions (modules, plugins, components) shouldn't use another javascript library other than MooTools, however if it does use another library such as JQuery it might be incompatible with many MooTools based scripts;

Solution:
Your template is adding JQuery Javascript Library. Some commercial templates that use JQuery have the option to disable it;.
JQuery can be used with MooTools, as long as the developer follows JQuery guidelines. You might want to suggest this feature to the template's developer:
docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

Advice:
Always choose extensions that are 100% compatible with Joomla Framework;
Do not use JQuery in Joomla based websites, this way you will avoid incompatibilities and will load less javascript, therefore your website will load faster.

All the best,

12 years 11 months ago #6275 by yurikleb
hi, just got your mail.. but i cant really figure out the problem the script area in my templates index.php looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $path ?>/scripts/jquery.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
$j(document).ready(function(){
$j('.menu-nav li').hover(
function() {
$j(this).addClass("active");
$j(this).find('.ulwrapper').stop(false, true).slideDown();
$j(this).find('.ulwrapper .ulwrapper').stop(false, true).slideUp('fast');
},
function() {
$j(this).removeClass("active");
$j(this).find('div').stop(false, true).slideUp('fast');
}
);
$j('.ulwrapper').hover(
function() {
$j('.parent').addClass("active_tab");
},
function() {
$j('.parent').removeClass("active_tab");
}
);
});
</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src=" info.template-help.com/files/ie6_warning/ie6_script_other.js "></script>

it seems like it is using jQuery.noConflict(); but the conflict still exists..
I tried switching to one of the default Joomla templates and all worked fine.
its is important to notice that the conflict exists only when the website is in online mode.
in offline mode the ajax form woks smooth on the commercial template..

I'm not that experienced with jQuery programing, and explaining the problem to the template company probably will take ages. maybe you cold spot out the problem in the code above? to make the solution quicker?

thanks ahead!!