Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Mailto2ce plugin incompatibility with RocketTheme Gantry

13 years 5 months ago #4507 by momentis
Douglas,

Not sure if anyone else reported this issue. When I install CE on a site with a RocketTheme Gantry-powered template, the sliders in the template configuration area cease to work.

I have discovered that the culprit is the plugin 'mailto2ce' that is installed. I am not technical enough to know why it is causing this issue, but I know that the slider bars activate whenever I disable this plugin.

Not a big deal to me, but I thought I'd throw it out there!

And, again, thanks for an INCREDIBLE extension!!!!!

Peace,
Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #4515 by douglas
Dear Rick,

That's really odd. The Mailto2ce should not work in the backend.
Can you please set PHP Error reporting in the Joomla Configuration to Maximum and let me know if there is any error or notice in the Template configuration page?

Best regards,

13 years 5 months ago #4537 by momentis
No errors or notices show when setting error reporting to maximum. I would be more than happy to PM you login details, should you wish to take a look in the admin panel. Just let me know!

13 years 5 months ago #4539 by douglas
Dear Rick,

That's odd... it should not be executed on the backend;
Can you please upload the file that I just sent to you to [Joomla]/plugins/system/ ?

Kind regards,

13 years 4 months ago #4549 by momentis
Sorry for the long delay in responding!

Unfortunately the new file did not change the issue. I know it seems hard to believe, but it really is happening.

I am more than happy to email you login creds to the site if you wish to poke around for yourself!!

Rick

13 years 4 months ago #4550 by douglas
Dear Rick,

I rather on my server so I can change things around until I find the problem/solution, so I've sent an email yesterday to Sean at RocketTheme asking for a template so I could test it locally.

If I don't reply to this thread in a couple days it means that Sean did not reply to me, so please reply to the forum notification email the login details.

Best regards,

13 years 4 months ago #4551 by momentis
No problem!! Other than this small issue, the extension is fantastic. Makes my life a WHOLE lot easier!!!!!!

13 years 4 months ago #4561 by rdbean
I'm using this on a couple of Gantry sites and not having this problem...for whatever that's worth!

13 years 4 months ago #4565 by douglas
Dear Rick,

In which template are you having this problem?

Best regards,

13 years 4 months ago #4568 by momentis
I am seeing this in Omnicron. I have the latest version of that template, as well as the latest version of Gantry. I am going to be setting up another site today using a different Gantry template, so I will see how that one works.

13 years 4 months ago #4569 by rdbean
Rick...

Are you by chance also testing the Mission Control Admin template?

When I activate that my color chooser goes away...Andy said it was fixed in the latest version but it hasn't fixed it for me....

Just wondering. FYI I currently have this on a Zephyr template running the latest Gantry and no issues.

Cheers,

Rich

13 years 4 months ago #4570 by momentis
No, and I am ashamed to admit that I haven't heard about that admin template :blush:

I will be building a site today on Paradox, so I will see how that goes.

Thanks!!
Rick